Quantcast

dammit i have the ear infection from hell!!!!!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
BurlyShirley said:
This is going to sound lame, but...Bearssssssssss Game is on. Through the fall, my sundays are kind of eaten up by that.
Add that to the fact that my slalom/mtx bike is in need of a fork and you got a real recipe for not riding.

Im trying to think if I met you when I raced at the Maxxis race in July. I was on a black azonic eliminator. Got 3rd in sport becuase I tore off my derailleur half way through my run.
I don't think I met you. I was on a red Yeti and got first in the Expert class with a broken arm that I suffered in my last practice run. :blah: :nopity: I did one race run, put up a good time and hoped it would hold.... it did. I was a little pissed because I crashed again twice in my race run and without those crashes I think my time would have been top three in the pro class. :(

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
profro said:
I was a little pissed because I crashed again twice in my race run and without those crashes I think my time would have been top three in the pro class. :(
Damn dude, there were some fast guys there that day. I wasnt too sure about the course or whatever, so I just played it safe and rode sport, but i did get a chance to hit up the expert/pro course and it was good. Next time for sure I'll race expert and probably finish mid-pack, but whatever. Im just concentrating on collegiates right now and windrock should make an excellent training place for me this summer.
I think I might have pic of you doing that waterfall section in your race run. I'll shoot you a PM when I head down that way. And if you wanna fish the chucky or anything, Im always up for that.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I was so blanked out during my race run. My arm was killing me and when I started my race run I thought to myself I wasn't sure how I was going to finish. But I zoned out and had a pretty good run excpet one over the bars crash and on rear tire washout in which I went completely to the gorund. At the time I didn't know that I had broken the ball of humerus. I got it checked out by the family doc on Monday and he said I didn't break anything, so I tried to ride some MTNx during the week (exmtremely painfull) until I saw the ortho at the end of the week. I was out the following 10 weeks to get it healed. My first race back the second Windrock race in the mud. That new course was crazy in the mud. I got second in the expert class, but I was hurting due to being off the bike for so long. Did you make it to that one?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
profro said:
Did you make it to that one?
nah, I had to do a collegiate XC race that weekend at Cumberland University near Nashville. Same week I got mono too. I did real bad...

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
profro said:
Whoah, whoah, whoah.... XC? :confused: Whats that?
:D
I know, I know...but you have to race them all to get enough points to qualify for nationals. Im seriously going for the stars and stripes DH jersey next year, so expect to see me practicing alot at windrock.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
man i hurt like hell i aint doin nuttin tomorrow. why are you gonna watch the bears game? you know they are gonna lose. :D