Quantcast

Danger Boy's 888 direct mount stem.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
their levers rock, the stem, well, its almost 100g more than a thomson so ill pass.
The comparable thomson would be the x4 and it comes in at 173g the x2 is 156 and a 25.4 clamp vs. the OS.
I agrea it is lighter but the DB looks sick and won't twist in a crach being direct mount as well as has a real low mounting profile.
If you butch the steer tube down on the 888 all the way for the DB (flush w/ top cap) you can knock off atleast 10 - 15g there that cannot be done with a thomson due to stack height.
Granted it won't be as light but then the difference is only 50g approx between the x4 50mm and the DB as well as the db is only 47mm bringing it closer.:clapping:

BTW: I am an big time thomson fan I am just trying new stuff! :D

bigbirdie

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
CT
Weighed it at 240g with bolts.
Weighed marzocchis direct mount 190g

Looked at the cromag and funn but decided this was pretty slick as well as I have the DB levers already.
where can I buy/take a look at these? who, online carries them?

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Shame the fork companies can't quit being dickheads and just all agree to use a standard like the RockShox one. Then everybody could know the joy of using the e13 stem on every fork. ;)

Would also make it a lot easier for stem manufacturers.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
DB said they are on their site as of yesterday but I checked and not yet. The boxxer ones are, good luck aside of the photos I posted finding one. I couldn't find them a buddy had 3 shipped into his shop. He has the red, I have the pewter and they have a black one left.