Quantcast

Danny MacAskill and Red Bull Present Way Back Home (Full Video)

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009

Revolutionary trials rider Danny MacAskill was picked up by Red Bull earlier this year after his Inspired Bicycles went viral and garnered over 21 million views. Now here is the sequel, with more budget, Way Back Home.
---

Photo Credit: Andy McCandlish/Red Bull Photofiles

Following on from the YouTube video that heralded over 20 million hits, street trials sensation is back with a new project, Way Back Home. The film follows Danny on a journey from Edinburgh back to his hometown of Dunvegan on the Isle of Skye.

Photo Credit: Andy McCandlish/Red Bull Photofiles

Traveling with his close friend and filmmaker Dave Sowerby on a quest to seek out the most challenging riding spots along the way, Danny takes on ancient castles, leaps over rocky terrain and jumps onto and over bridges in the stunning wilderness of remote Scotland.

The journey culminates with a return to the stomping ground where Danny first cut his teeth riding in his hometown of Dunvegan ? skipping past local B&Bs, jumping railings and even front flipping off a building as he finally arrives back home.

Photo: Andy McCandlish/Red Bull Photofiles

?My favourite spot in the riding clip is probably the bakery wall ride in my local village. I found it by walking out of the bakery with a big pasty! And then I saw the grass bank and the wall and thought I could maybe jump up there one day."

?One of the hardest tricks in the film was probably the front flip off Edinburgh Castle as it was blowing a force 10 hooly! It was also raining really heavily, if it wasn't for that it would have been easy...!?

It is hard to believe that it has been barely more than a year since Inspired Bicycles-Rider Danny posted a video on YouTube that was to change his life. Over night, the video got a few hundred thousand views and as of today has been watched well over 20 million times ? the world went crazy for Danny. If you?ve lived under a rock and haven?t seen it yet or can?t get enough of it, you can watch it here in high resolution.

Since the video went live, things progressed really fast ? Danny found himself featured in the New York Times, was nominated for the Action Sportsperson of the Year Category of the Laureus World Sports Awards this year and has now finally found the time to start shooting a new video.

Photo by Paul Calver/Red Bull Photofiles

He is super stoked about the way things are going for him: ?I still can?t believe the first video reached so many people that actually liked it and passed it on. I mean, even Lance Armstrong thought it was a must see! Now I get to make another, even crazier video and basically ride my bike as a job. It doesn?t get any better than this.?

Attachments

martin

Chimp
Mar 22, 2010
southern cali
I always wondered if a name like that (while growing up) makes you naturally better at things, or if it forces you to be better.

I'm sure it's not simply "hard work and dedication."

Hope my parents in my next life give me a name like Max Boner or Ritchie Rich.