Quantcast

Dark Owl available for pre-order! Steel is back baby!

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
I was wondering if You guys may have some suggestions about 29" geo settings?

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
The numbers you showed for 27.5" wouldn't bother me at all on a 29er.

Do you plan on a nicely progressive LR by the way?

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
Do you plan on a nicely progressive LR by the way?
Yes, I don't work at sant cruz ;)

Suspension wise, everything is ready for quite some time. I am working on the construction right now as well as making some tweaks to the geometry. Trying to figure out the numbers for 29" option, and how not to f* everything up with bigger wheels.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Yes, I don't work at sant cruz ;)
Haha, good one! :)

About your reflections on the geometry, you could compensate for the bigger wheels by lessening the amount of travel especially at the front a bit like GG is doing (if I recall correctly, the Smash and the Megatrail share the same front triangle). If you want to keep the similar travel between wheelsizes then a angleset in the slack position for 27.5" and in the steep for 29" might do the trick with some influence on the reach...

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
You are talking trailbike GEO? I would try and keep the post steep like 76-78 if possible. A head angle from 64-66, a low BB maybe 13.25" or so, good long WB. I have a Smash now and it fits well. I am 6' barefoot and the Large fits me well with a 35mm stem. It is 140mm rear travel.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Another vote for steep SA (76+). The CS numbers look good, and the bottle cage mounts are a big plus. I'm still a 27.5 fan so can't speak to the geo figures on a 29er much though. Having just survived a Trans enduro, I'm gonna agree that 180mm rotor is a minimum. A bike with that kinda geo is going to get thrown down some rowdy and steep stuff, no point compromising the braking.

Will the headtube allow for +/- cups and reach adjust? Estimated frame weight?

Last edited: