Quantcast

>>> Day two of week whatever <<<

Carted a bed from the second floor to the first, then into the van, then into the place that Hilarie's staying, put it together, disassembled the old bed, carted it out, took it for disposal.

Legal paperwork with probate court regarding required annual reporting.

Late lunch - fried eggs with french fries and spam and a Cone Head.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Finished stacking our firewood for next winter. New guy sent around 4-1/2 cords, ordered 4. :banana:

Sky is grumbling, waiting for downpour.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Not much action today. Gym time and got my front wheel dropped for rim replacement after it was vandalized. Parents are paying for it.

Still no job and now everybody is going on vacation so we are heading off to Lake Annecy in France on Thursday and then Spain. Getting the last juice out of the company car and gas.

Not sure if I should bring bike but its right at the foot of the Alps. Last year I tried to meet up with world famous @buckoW just to get an autograph :-)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hallo ppls

RNO-DEN this afternoon. Hopefully no overweight bag charges this time around—dinged for $100 on way out. My wife is a wonderful person in many ways but has no idea how to pack lightly. Books and toiletries and games for the kids galore.

nailed it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Rav4 shit the bed. I hit a pothole. Swung the on ramp pretty fast. Loud bang. ABS and traction control kick in. I did a 180 against the wall. Did not strike the wall. But had to climb out the passenger side. State cop was 2 cars behind me. He was a dick. Tow truck driver seemed to know him. The Sheriff that helped the tow truck driver and took the report was cool. Lower control arm rotted out. Just the parts alone exceed the value of it. The labor part is insane. 8 years of reliable transportation for 14 grand. Pretty much brakes, tires, and oil changes. It owes me nothing. 158K on the L4 motor. Guy from Findley OH is coming here to buy it for salvage.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Rav4 shit the bed. I hit a pothole. Swung the on ramp pretty fast. Loud bang. ABS and traction control kick in. I did a 180 against the wall. Did not strike the wall. But had to climb out the passenger side. State cop was 2 cars behind me. He was a dick. Tow truck driver seemed to know him. The Sheriff that helped the tow truck driver and took the report was cool. Lower control arm rotted out. Just the parts alone exceed the value of it. The labor part is insane. 8 years of reliable transportation for 14 grand. Pretty much brakes, tires, and oil changes. It owes me nothing. 158K on the L4 motor. Guy from Findley OH is coming here to buy it for salvage.
glad you're okay

sucks about the car

not worth saving?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Holy shit, glad that did not end worse!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
You missed ole cleeter mcskeeter up there. Check out this jet boat:

Those little jet boats look like a blast. If I win the lottery on Wednesday, I'd for sure put my name on one :busted:
Wonder what sort of G-forces the hull/fixed parts would see as you take those short sharp impacts?
I don't really know much about oils but I wonder if it would be violent enough to remove/reduce the film at the main or big end bearings?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Did I miss something?
You sure did miss something. We did a garden tour in the hood. My garden was last stop. Mostly adults but also some kids. I had left a window open to the basement where my bike room is. Then three girls went behind the house and started throwing rocks through the window. I have rocks along that side of the house for drain. Big grown man hand size rocks. They ended up breaking 3 tiles 100x100cm tiles and also put a dent in my carbon rim on my Control SL wheelset as front wheel was sticking out. +15 rocks went through the window. I was in shock. Parents are paying for all repairs they have promised but it all still sucks.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You sure did miss something. We did a garden tour in the hood. My garden was last stop. Mostly adults but also some kids. I had left a window open to the basement where my bike room is. Then three girls went behind the house and started throwing rocks through the window. I have rocks along that side of the house for drain. Big grown man hand size rocks. They ended up breaking 3 tiles 100x100cm tiles and also put a dent in my carbon rim on my Control SL wheelset as front wheel was sticking out. +15 rocks went through the window. I was in shock. Parents are paying for all repairs they have promised but it all still sucks.
i hope you explained to them that back in America that's how you get shot