Quantcast

DC fork installation (Jr-T)

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
When you install a DC fork (in this case a 2002 Jr-T), there's a sticker saying something like "Do not position lower crown above the machined step..."

This oviously means that the LOWER part of the crown must not be above this line. But is it alright to place the UPPER part of the crown a little bit above this line.

In other words, should this machined step be directly visible or can it be hidden by the lower crown?

My problem is that if I place the step above the lower crown, my tire (a 2.2) will hit the lower crown at the end of the travel...and I don't exactly want this to happen for obvious reasons. :eek:

Thanks a lot... :)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by FlipSide
When you install a DC fork (in this case a 2002 Jr-T), there's a sticker saying something like "Do not position lower crown above the machined step..."

This oviously means that the LOWER part of the crown must not be above this line. But is it alright to place the UPPER part of the crown a little bit above this line.

In other words, should this machined step be directly visible or can it be hidden by the lower crown?

My problem is that if I place the step above the lower crown, my tire (a 2.2) will hit the lower crown at the end of the travel...and I don't exactly want this to happen for obvious reasons. :eek:

Thanks a lot... :)
Use your travel distance as a guide, the 2002 Jr.T has 7" of travel, adjust it from the top of the tire to the bottom of the crown 7 1/2". Done