Quantcast

Deck Party -- a reason to ride & drink!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Ok - I was going to PM a bunch of you, but said the hell with it and decided to post. We have an annual deck party that consists of lots of beer drinking (we also have a bar for those who aren't into beer), bike riding (this year will feature a technical XC ride with some steep climbing and decents), bike stunts (we have a bunch right in our yard...skinnies, bridges, drops, teeter, etc.), deep fried turkey :drool:, pool, horseshoes, etc. and of course, did I mention beer?

At any rate, if any of you ladies are interested in road-tripping, come on down!!!! We have a large house (plenty of room for cots, sleeping bags, etc.), almost 12 acres of land so camping is also available and there will be plenty of beer!!! The past couple of years, we have been lacking in the mudhunnie showing so I'd love to out-number the guys for once ;)

The info you'll need:
Date: Saturday, August 5th
Time: XC Ride starts at 10:30am (plan for a 3-4 hour ride)
Party Time: sometime after 3pm - Sunday/when the beer's gone

There was talk of doing some more riding on Sunday if people aren't too hungover and I may try to hit Diablo on Monday as well :sneaky: People are more than welcome to come up early (on Friday perhaps) to do a little riding and beer drinking in Saratoga and stay the long weekend if you'd like!

At any rate, PM me if you're interested and I will get you some directions. There will be lots of other monkeys there so you should all come too!!!

dhchix

Chimp
Mar 26, 2006
NC
TreeSaw said:
:think: You aren't too far away you know....just point your car north toward NY! ;)
I don't know what I was reading. :o: That does sound like fun but the drive is more than afford right now. Heck, it cost us $200 plus in gas just to get to Snowshow, W.VA. By the way, have you ever ridden at Snowshoe?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
dhchix said:
I don't know what I was reading. :o: That does sound like fun but the drive is more than afford right now. Heck, it cost us $200 plus in gas just to get to Snowshow, W.VA. By the way, have you ever ridden at Snowshoe?
I have ridden at Snowshoe...Memorial Day '04. I would love to get back down there again too!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
VT Mtbkr said:
Treesaw's old bike helped this new beginner take the podium at Snowshoe!!! :D

The party sounds like fun wish you were closer!
I wish you could come up and join us. I am glad that you're enjoying the ride and that it has a good home! (I haven't been DHing since Memorial Day '05 and that was only 4 runs!)

dhchix

Chimp
Mar 26, 2006
NC
TreeSaw said:
I have ridden at Snowshoe...Memorial Day '04. I would love to get back down there again too!!!
Hey, they have a race the weekend of August 18 - 20. They also have the Moster Park that weekend. Talk about catching big air and crazy drops. Those guys know how to get it done. I can't wait.