Quantcast

DEEMAX question.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
the older (yellow) used D321's with 28 spokes where as the newer (silver) ones use the EX823 also with 28 spokes. The new ones are lighter but some people are having problems with durability of the rims. The hubs are fine, it is just the rims that are giving people problems as far as flat spots etc. They just seem to be overall weaker than the tried and true D321. I have had no problems with my EX823's (yet). Also the new are UST tubeless FWIW.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
they seem stiff as hell to me but that comparing them to my old 219s. I really like them they are super light yet still feel and look burly. It gave my tires a much better profile. Im waiting on my minion UST tires right now but ive been running tubes and they seem to work fine. No problems yet and I must admit they look UBER BLING!

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
They should have just made the D321 tubeless. I was thinking of getting the UST tubless rims, D3.1's (EX823)'s but couldn't talk myself into it. I think the D321's were and still are such a proven rim, they should have just added tubeless compatibility to it.

But like stated above, only real difference is width and tubeless. That's it