Quantcast

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Rocking the Colors on this 1, This bike is AWESOME! Turns and jumps great, not too many rocks to play with yet, but so far i have gotten the pedals rubbing the ground in the corners! Video/action pics to come soon. 40 and decimals for the weight.

09 fox 40
saint brakes/cranks/shifter
pink i9 wheels 823 tubeless
same old funn seat
sunline 745 bars
odi grips
minion DHF tires
crampon pedals
E13 SRS 38T
shimano 105 derailur

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
It would look much better in the flat black version. Why there are so few black demos? The green here makes my eyes bleed.

btw. This is a Large? Because it looks quite long here.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
It would look much better in the flat black version. Why there are so few black demos? The green here makes my eyes bleed.

btw. This is a Large? Because it looks quite long here.
Medium, from what i know, they only made a limited number of blacks(which i speculate was for teams/pros) its better in person, its alot less yellow, for whatever reason, cameras dont pick it up well (and this was a SICK camera)

^dont mind the shirt.

This is about as close to "real life" the color can look.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I know the real live colors. During the season opening in here there were at least 3 of those neon eye pluggers and no component color seemed to match it. It may only be me but the color seemed strange.

As for black I'm not sure if it's team only. That's a plain color and my friend had one on order but got delayed so he went with green.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
As for black I'm not sure if it's team only. That's a plain color and my friend had one on order but got delayed so he went with green.
I don't think the black/gold color is available over here. A friend of mine who works at Spechy got one and mentioned that it was a rare-international color.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
40lbs and change seems heavy for a bike with I9's, 40's and a 105 mech.

Burns the eyes but I'm sure it rides a treat. Enjoy it

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Using the 105 because its cheap and small, didnt have the money for a saint (i know ironic with the components) It will be upgraded to a saint SS when its smashed.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I don't think the black/gold color is available over here. A friend of mine who works at Spechy got one and mentioned that it was a rare-international color.
I was in a shop like an hour ago that has at least 4-5 of them in stock.

fro biker

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
in the sticks
The black frames were back-ordered until early May, with numbers uncertain. I was a little surprised taking my giant highlighter out of the box, but it is much less about the color and more about the ride. It grows on you...literally, I think it is painted with depleted uranium - by the way, I think I'm developing super powers, more on that later.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
The Path in Tustin custom ordered a container full of the Euro colored black/gold. I think there were a couple riding in Laguna today.
That explains it.

Let me know when you get a chance on that spring. It's also worth noting I want to put it on a CCDB so it needs to have a slightly larger ID than say a Fox or Marz spring. 2.75x300. Thanks a bunch.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
It was a lot. Like I said they have at least 4-5 in stock, and I've seen a couple of them out that they've sold. So I'm guessing probably 10+. Not a full shipping container but that's still a lot of DH bikes for one shop to be moving.

It's not like they just sell Demos either. They've got at least 1 DHR in stock, couple Intenses, a V-10 carbon or two, etc. There's a LOT of inventory in there.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I agree, I like it better than any of the US colors.

Not that I'm buying a Demo so I don't really care.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I agree, I like it better than any of the US colors.

Not that I'm buying a Demo so I don't really care.
For colors, My shop brought in a red/black complete, i liked that alot. Also has the ability to match pretty well, I dont think there is any way to make the green ones look "normal" Its a shame they dont sell that as a frame only. (i still would have gotten green)