Quantcast

Denver Skatepark Beating

colton

Monkey
May 20, 2007
A couple of people I am friends with (Pro mountainboarders) were beat within an inch of their lives a couple days ago at a skatepark in Denver. A group of skaters (around 30 total) beat these two guys. One of them received broken vertebrae, broken arms, and brain swelling due to being hit with the boards. He was beaten in front of his kids... And the Denver police department is doing nothing to stop these incidents from happening. A biker had nearly the same thing happen to them last week. Here is the story:

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_14899385.

If any of you guys come across anything on the internet or know anything about the incident that could possibly help us find out who did it, that would be awesome.

Also, the local council, Mayor of Denver, and the Attorney General have been contacted by mountain boarders and concerned people from all over the world about the lack of concern from the Denver police force as well as about the general safety (or lack thereof) of the skatepark.

Rideforfun

Monkey
Nov 23, 2009
The people who did that are the f**king scum of the earth and are the people that give biking and skating their bad reps.

AzToJrse

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
SOUTH JERSEY
This story makes me sick, also makes me really appreciate the vibe at my local parks. 26", 20" and skaters all riding together and having fun.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
i would argue that the 'extreme sports' cultures as a whole (skate, bmx, snow, surf, etc etc) are less violent than traditional sports cultures.

i have seen way more fights after football and basketball games than i have ever seen at a skatepark or trails.

although i believe that different disciplines (skateboard, bmx, mtb, inline--even scooter and mountainboard i guess) can and do co-exist well at mixed-use skateparks.... there is also something problematic about having multiple sports with slightly different needs/wants/speeds/styles etc having to be squeezed in to one facility for an entire metroplex area, fighting for space.

imagine if soccer, rugby and football were expected to play on the same field AT THE SAME TIME and there was only like 3 fields for the whole city. or basketball players and tennis players had to use the same courts. i have no doubt the fights would be waay more common and way worse.

the best master plans are cities like vancouver that have one or two big downtown spots, but then multiple other parks around the city.

btw, i'm not saying it was the all-wheels aspect of the denver park that "caused" this. clearly there were one or a few instigators who started the attack. they would be the type of personality who would start attacks in any environment. but... the bad part is others joining in or not breaking it up. that's what shows some weird vibes about identity politics that have likely been simmering for a long time at this spot.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

I understand he was regular so do you guys know alot of people there. Ask them.

I just got into DJ and I was surprised how friendly everyone is. It seems like not only does everyone know each other but everybody knows what tricks everybody's doing and what kind of bike they're riding So I would think you could track these guys down.

Happy hunting!

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
I grew up in Flint, MI, so no part of Denver really seems bad comparatively, but there are bad kids everywhere, I suppose...

Hopefully the global news of this attack will force more police presence at the skatepark, as it's such bad press for the city.

I can't imagine going through that in front of your kids, and wish there was a good sized group of 30 somethings there to even things out. If the numbers were anything near even, that ****e wouldn't have started.

serbdog

Monkey
May 13, 2002
drexel hill, pa
It baffles me how much people suck, whether it is something like this, or some tweaker killing a young kid or something, it is really scary and it sucks.

+vibes+

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
i would argue that the 'extreme sports' cultures as a whole (skate, bmx, snow, surf, etc etc) are less violent than traditional sports cultures.

i have seen way more fights after football and basketball games than i have ever seen at a skatepark or trails.

although i believe that different disciplines (skateboard, bmx, mtb, inline--even scooter and mountainboard i guess) can and do co-exist well at mixed-use skateparks.... there is also something problematic about having multiple sports with slightly different needs/wants/speeds/styles etc having to be squeezed in to one facility for an entire metroplex area, fighting for space.

imagine if soccer, rugby and football were expected to play on the same field AT THE SAME TIME and there was only like 3 fields for the whole city. or basketball players and tennis players had to use the same courts. i have no doubt the fights would be waay more common and way worse.

the best master plans are cities like vancouver that have one or two big downtown spots, but then multiple other parks around the city.

btw, i'm not saying it was the all-wheels aspect of the denver park that "caused" this. clearly there were one or a few instigators who started the attack. they would be the type of personality who would start attacks in any environment. but... the bad part is others joining in or not breaking it up. that's what shows some weird vibes about identity politics that have likely been simmering for a long time at this spot.
My point is that we are all "extreme sports" enthusiasts.

There is no reason to fight, and there was certainly no reason to wail upon a father who felt like rolling his mountain board on some ramps.

Here is the alternative we all face: close the parks.

dorkn

Chimp
Apr 24, 2010
SOCO, MO.
What a bunch of tards. They should be caught and beatin with a tire iron while there familes and friend watch. I know 2 wrongs dont make a right but some times you have to make a statement. Hopefuly they capture the fools.

Djmp3

Chimp
Nov 22, 2009
Vermont
The people who did that are the f**king scum of the earth and are the people that give biking and skating their bad reps.

Yeah. Good luck finding those spics, i hope you beat them all to death. I don't know why anyone would start a fight at a skate park, everyone is there to have fun... if you want to kill someone go to a cock fight and pick your fight there.
I hope that the people involved get murdered. There is nothing wrong with righteous justice. Kill em' all.