Quantcast

Deralur tuning

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
i feel really dumb, i forgot how to tune a deralur, tightening cable tension makes it go faster up or down? and wich one is the high and wich one is the low, sorry, feel pretty stupid, but i always forget;)

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Sorry if I come out like a d!ck...but why don't you try by yourself and learn by try and error? That's the way 99.999% of the riders learned how to tune their derailleurs.

Good luck! It's really easy...and by trying by yourself, you'll be forced to understand how it works, which is a good thing.

I always forget which one is the high and which one is the low. By looking at where the screws are touching at the maximum, you'll find out which one is which. That's what I always do.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by FlipSide
Sorry if I come out like a d!ck...but why don't you try by yourself and learn by try and error? That's the way 99.999% of the riders learned how to tune their derailleurs.

Good luck! It's really easy...and by trying by yourself, you'll be forced to understand how it works, which is a good thing.

I always forget which one is the high and which one is the low. By looking at where the screws are touching at the maximum, you'll find out which one is which. That's what I always do.
Im sure he appreciates the help.:rolleyes:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
no no no i probably should, i end up doing this every spring when i check the bike over, "****, wich one is it again?" but i have lots of school, 6 days a week!

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Originally posted by BurlySurly
Im sure he appreciates the help.:rolleyes:
:rolleyes:
He should...because if he listens to me, he'll be able to tune his derailleur by himself the next time he'll be in trouble in a trail because of derailleur problems. So...all in all, I'm more helpful than you are in this thread...STFU and go back to the political forum. :mad: :rolleyes:

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Originally posted by FlipSide
:rolleyes:
He should...because if he listens to me, he'll be able to tune his derailleur by himself the next time he'll be in trouble in a trail because of derailleur problems. So...all in all, I'm more helpful than you are in this thread...STFU and go back to the political forum. :mad: :rolleyes:
unfortunatly, not everyones self-sufficient....

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
no, but i put my bike away for around 3 months in the winter and havent had much time to do anything but wright papers and exams and i forgot.. u know how school is, or do you?;)

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Originally posted by zedro
unfortunatly, not everyones self-sufficient....
That's true, but everyone can try! ...and not everyone has access to Ridemonkey during a ride to ask how to break a chain or to tune a derailleur. Such basic stuff is important to know. It can save a ride!

I personnally have a rather limited talent for mechanical stuff...but at least, I try to know as much as possible on how my bike works.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Originally posted by mack
...havent had much time to do anything but wright papers and exams ....
are you sure you're actually writing them?....:p

i only do my school work the night before due date....leaves plenty of time to, uhh..., remember stuff i already know....

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
and spelling write like wright is probably why i am failing english 1. again. damn you shakespear.