Quantcast

***Derp day GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
howdy all

slept soundly but felt kinda unsettled going to sleep and similarly upon waking. I think sometimes juggling 10 things at once catches up to me

eldest kid has a violin audition then a recital today

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:wave:
switched

flying home first class.

the biscotti cookies and the can of sprite 30 minutes before landing are not cutting it.

i can not wait for the best microwaved breakfast in the world tomorrow.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Watched the DH race from bed, now having some coffee.

Already pooped, so ready to go. Gotta quickly plant 4 poblano seedlings and then will head out for an easy ride.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. I have had such bad allergies and now I think it's a cold taking up residence in my chest. Ugh....
LONG week at school (multiple 15+ hour days) with concerts, solo festivals and baseball games. 2 more weeks of baseball; 2 more concerts; and then I can start to wind down. Phew...it's been a long May.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Yesterday was pretty funny. A couple pulled up to look at the neighbors house that's is still for sale and just reduced $14k. They were 30 minutes early and Dallas wasn't prepared. They have 4 dogs and 3 almost adult children they were supposed to get out of the house prior. So when they rang the bell, all the dogs go nuts, Dallas starts screaming at everyone and tells the realtor they will need a few minutes. The couple decided they had seen enough and left.

And they wonder why it hasn't sold yet. :rofl:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
watching some guy in a pink jersey spinning up a mountain in the big ring on the giro d talia

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey-ooooh! I set a Sunday morning alarm so I could hit the streets before traffic woke up. 60 miles done on the tri bike followed by a three mile run. I'm pooped.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Another great ride yesterday, this time in the pouring rain. Back in the U. S. and A now and heading for the germ tube. It’s been real, PNW, I’ll be back.

IMG_9778.jpeg

IMG_9779.jpeg

IMG_9808.jpeg

IMG_9811.jpeg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Appearance. Grandpa was pretty attentive yesterday; asleep and snoring today. Grandma's dementia/Alzheimer's is apparent, but is physically sound. I doubt I'll see him again, but I'll definitely see her. Fly out in 3hrs.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
fuck alzheimers. pretty amazing you still have grandparents around tho. my last grandparent died when i was maybe 22? shit, i've only got pops left on my side; wifey's got her mom...

chill day. watched dh race, tried to swap rear shock on the bike but had to order new hardware. did a bit of yardwork and laundry. about to do a grocery run. sushi and chilling this evening. need to sign older kid up for pre-orientation for college too.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
wow, thanks, I needed to hear that. Sitting here feeling sorry for myself because I’m locked down for 9 more days babysitting my 93 year old mother. We could both be dead but we’re not. Thanks again.
Hang in there! Lockdown for 9 days isn't ideal, but try to treasure the time with your mom, as difficult as it may be. At this stage, the amount of time you've got with mom is less than it is more.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
fuck alzheimers. pretty amazing you still have grandparents around tho. my last grandparent died when i was maybe 22? shit, i've only got pops left on my side; wifey's got her mom...
I'll take my wins. He's 94, she's 89. Wifey's last grandma is 93. We've both been really lucky to date. I have a whopping 15 family members, 6 are over 65, and 4 of those have something with a relatively known timeline - none of which are good - so the clock is really just ticking. I would be shocked if I don't lose 30% of my family within 5 years.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
rode two laps at Maryland Mtn, 2nd being a fast trail with new dumb steeeeeep rock lines that FORTUNATELY are covered in the finest of silty dirt. GAH, I say. freaking awesome morning.
then had beers with the ride crew, and played with a ton of old dogs out at the brewery and getting rapidly adopted. :cupidarrow:

you adopted a new pet too!? :cupidarrow:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Great Meat Bike ride with Doggie and Wifey. Totally gutted and rebuilt my Altitude, and man, what a difference after three years of flogging.
New pivot bearings, 180 air shaft, New cables/housing, new pads and 203/223 rotors, New Tires, hot diggity. Rides like a dream.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
rode two laps at Maryland Mtn, 2nd being a fast trail with new dumb steeeeeep rock lines that FORTUNATELY are covered in the finest of silty dirt. GAH, I say. freaking awesome morning.
then had beers with the ride crew, and played with a ton of old dogs out at the brewery and getting rapidly adopted. :cupidarrow:

you adopted a new pet too!? :cupidarrow:
Your day sounds, dare I say, epic? I mean, what more can we ask for?

As for the newly adopted pet, sadly I had to evict it. The grey kitty would have enjoyed the new toy, but it wouldn't last.

Seriously though, that thing is lucky this is the one time the cat isn't home. Or the girlfriend. And that I have quite a bit of patience to just let it find its way back outside, which it did (thank god). :busted:

Going to the lake for beers now.