Quantcast

DeViLs @ Da Face

DiRt DeViL

Monkey
Feb 6, 2005
CNY
After several years trying we finally were able to squeeze a vacation, we headed to upstate NY to stay with some friends at their B&B (free stay) and decided that me and my son will take a day to ride.

Took advantage of my son's birthday and headed north to Whiteface, we arrived late but Downhill Mike had our bikes ready to go, we filled the paperwork, signed Little DeViL for the Mini DH race and off we went.

Have to tell you that being our first visit to a mountain bike park things went extra smooth and that the trails, Mike and the Whiteface crew were great making this riding day a great and memorable one.

Pics

LD finished 2nd on the Mini DH (youngsters group) and we had a great day due to great riding and the kid becoming a teenager.

Last edited:

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Please notice how dry the trails are. Every day they say 60 or 80% chance of rain, and it doesn't rain at all. Some rain at night but all weather forecasts have been wrong so far.
I heard Albany had over 5 inches of rain the other day.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Looks like you hit a variety of terrain as you go down there. Man, I have to make a trip up there this summer.

DiRt DeViL

Monkey
Feb 6, 2005
CNY
Please notice how dry the trails are. Every day they say 60 or 80% chance of rain, and it doesn't rain at all. Some rain at night but all weather forecasts have been wrong so far.
That's correct, was watching the 10 day forecast and all it had was thunderstorms and rain but at the trail we only say a couple of wet patches and never rained on us.

When we arrived in Albany 2 days ago it was pouring there, here in Old Forge we're having light rain.

Vid of Little DeViL doing the teeter totter
http://www.vimeo.com/5436683

Last edited:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yup, we did. That watercrossing picture at WF? That looked like my backyard the other day...