Quantcast

DH Racing around pasadena

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
im gonna be moving to Passedena in late july, and i was wondering what the racing scene is like down there. (say, 500 mile radius) also how is the DH scene there? lots of riders?

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Big Bear (www.teambigbear.com)
and
Fontana Southridge (www.southridgeusa.com) - I hope you like heat

There are tons of riding out in 'Dena. Mt Wilson is always a hotbed especially if you hook up with the right peeps.

Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley and Moorpark to the west are great spots... If there were 10 less freeways in the that area I would say I miss living there.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Originally posted by Orven
Big Bear (www.teambigbear.com)
and
Fontana Southridge (www.southridgeusa.com) - I hope you like heat

There are tons of riding out in 'Dena. Mt Wilson is always a hotbed especially if you hook up with the right peeps.

Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley and Moorpark to the west are great spots... If there were 10 less freeways in the that area I would say I miss living there.
The fricking jack holes that live here :angry: :angry: ,Dam I`am glad I moved to bad I have been here a week and I hate it

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
yeh, im kinda dreading living there. ive been down a few times, and i just dont feel right there. The people have a way different agenda. but i guess ill probably get used to it. as for the heat.... as a native Alberta resident, im not one for heat. i walk under ledges on buildings, and anything that throws shade i can, like a californian in seattle on a rainy day. it just makes me sick above 75. and my car has no ac, and a black interior to boot. im gonna have to drive around with the interior packed with ice, and run into any place i can with a/c. im thinking about getting a hydration pack sugically implanted into my back too.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Don't sweat Pasadena, sure eveyone's got their own agenda but you'll find/attract staight up people if you are one yourself. Fake ass people find fake ass friends. Hit me up if you come down and I'll introduce you to a good bike shop with some decent folks.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Pasadena's not a bad little town. I have been living here for the last 7 years or so, with a brief stint in San Diego (Which just didn't feel right to me). You have some pretty good riding in the mountains and hills above Pas, which I am still discovering, and are close to the freeway that you can use to get to other trails, and Big Bear.

Personally I grew up in Whittier, which is not too far (20 Min.) away and has some sweet ass riding, if you know where to go. I once ran into Tinker Juarez up there. (Literally. The dude was fixing a flat in the MIDDLE of the trail!)

The heat I just can't find anything good to say about. It sucks. Just plain sucks. Trade your car in and get one that has functional A/C. You will thank yourself later.

If you feel like riding with a fat old bastard, shoot me an e-mail when you get here.

Ciaran...

DMAX

Chimp
May 10, 2004
Simi Valley, California
Hey I was wondering where there were some good DH/FR trails in the Simi Valley/Thousand Oaks area. I know of a couple in the Rocky peak area but thats it. So any additional trail info would be nice.

Nathan