Quantcast

DH Team Jersey's...Want a designer?

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Yo people,

If anyones got a team and they want some help laying out team jersey's i'd love to volunteer my services. Well qualified graphic designer just wanting a little more portfolio work in this sector. I have a retarded amount of automotive but just want some work in fields that interest me.

Heres some bits of my work. I can also email you the last jersey's I did (don't want to post them as the teams havent made them quite yet)

blackoh1o's photosets on Flickr

Sorry if this is being posted in the wrong area, just not sure where I should post it. This is pro-bono work unless you want to throw random parts my way!

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hit up Brian or Jason, they'll make the forged BLQ in any size you want as well as bolt pattern and offset. Have you seen the BLQ splits and the BLQ concave splits? Pretty dope stuff they got going on.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Hit up Brian or Jason, they'll make the forged BLQ in any size you want as well as bolt pattern and offset. Have you seen the BLQ splits and the BLQ concave splits? Pretty dope stuff they got going on.
I don't think I have the dinero for the forged, I was hoping they would come out w/something in cast. Yeah the forged wheels do look great, I saw them on Brian's(is it Brian's?)a4 wagon which looked amazing as well.

Last edited:

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Yeah Brian has the A4 Avant, Andy (blanginde) has the silve S6 Avant and Jason (turn2) has the A8. Brians also now has a clean 964

the 18's will be here soon enough though and im sure that they'll have a wrx friendly offset too.

Last edited:

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
I've never done a hockey jersey, but if one if these 4 doesn't come through I'll give it a shot.

Most hockey teams have illustrated logos so I'm assuming you already have sOmething in the way of a logo.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Damn is Rotiform located in OH? I was just PM'ing with Brian over on Audizine. I desperately need some wheels for the S4 and the BLQ's are definitely tempting.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
naah rotiform is in Socal, Brian and Jason are just super good friends, i used to live in socal and they were part of the crew that went drinking and acting stupid.

thanks alot guys! I got alot of jersey's and some other stuff to do now. I've worked long enough in the auto industry and want to get into the bike industry so I figure its time to try to get into the bike industry.

-oh, the nue's would look hard as **** on the S4, and they are doing full custom forged nue's and cast off the shelf ones. Im gonna be throwing the cast nue's on my GTI and probably my passat

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
-oh, the nue's would look hard as **** on the S4, and they are doing full custom forged nue's and cast off the shelf ones. Im gonna be throwing the cast nue's on my GTI and probably my passat
You might have just sold me on the Nue's. I had a look at their site...awesome wheels but there's absolutely no chance that I can afford any forged wheels.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
The cast Nue's are about the same cost as the BLQ, they arent as concaved as the forged but still a great looking wheel. FYI the 17" has more concave than the 19" at the same width/offset.
What about the 18'? I was torn between that and the 17". Currently I have 18's but the roads around here are more conducive to 17's.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Thanks George, super glad you guys are stoked!
Our design was not easy by any means. We to support young up and coming juniors and pros, as well as having every age group covered in Cat 1. Certainly a diverse group when it comes to styling tastes.
Blackohio listened carefully and delivered a design that everyone is super pleased with, Even Rich.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I'd rather not show em off just yet. I have to get sponsors nailed down but since it is BlackOhio's design I'll leave that up to him. Not sure what you mean by Leatt compatible, but a Leatt would not cover riders names or any logo's.:thumb:
Ok I will wait and see them.
Just messing with you about Leatt compatable.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Well, this little experiment/project is drawing to a close as I prepare to move across the country here in the next couple weeks. I felt I could share the jersey's done thus far. Now before anyone becomes overly critical, please remember that I have a fulltime job, several freelance clients and decided to do this free for teams who wanted something a bit different than simply ordering off the shelf. Some design's might share elements but I tried my best to provide something unique to each team. I spent an ungodly amount of time working on these and each team saw about 4 or 5 different jersey mock-up's before they decided which direction they wanted to go. I'm super glad everyone involved is stoked and super excited about their kit's for the next year(s)

With that being said. Here's the rough mock-up of the front with outstretched sleeves. These are not the final art files, so its possible you might notice inconsistencies in art. Enjoy.

I'll start with the lyrca stuff. Memorial Jersey for a friend and the high school team he coaches.

...and onto the gravity teams.

...and that's the project.

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
Many thanks for the great design!! You did an excellent job and we're stoked about having such nice jersey!!

J

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
I like the first Garage Racing and Paradise Garage jerseys, and the the green striping on the Canfield one.

Hadn't heard of Paradise Garage shop in C-bus, will have to check them out next time I'm down that way. Looks like a cool shop. C-bus is turning into the Portland of the midwest...

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
thanks aaron, PG is the shop I work at/ride for. Great little shop with a few ripper DH guys and one hell of a bmx'er working there. Dan (the owner) has a M6 and I think he just bought a new operator as well.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
So, time to fire up the winter downtime. I think i'll have the ability to do a jersey or two. I really want to help small teams out. So, with that if your on a really small team with little to no budget hit me up here.