Quantcast

--- DHbro.org discussion thread ---

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
So what is the consencious for the organization. From the previous threads I was starting to get the feeling that Norba didn't need to be taken over, it just needed a small intervention and the Promotors of the series are the ones that needed more attention.

What would be the plan for DHbro?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Motionboy2 said:
So what is the consencious for the organization. From the previous threads I was starting to get the feeling that Norba didn't need to be taken over, it just needed a small intervention and the Promotors of the series are the ones that needed more attention.

What would be the plan for DHbro?
That was some peoples opinion.

I am going forward with this.

Things have not changed for the better at for a long time.
I don't think this time is going to be any different.

What I am looking to do is bring freeriders and racers together, with slopestyle and dh racing. Make it a gravity only weekend. Without XC
we are open to new venues and have more training time with a better appreciation for the sport. The freeriders have so much more spectator draw than downhillers. Make it into a great weekend. not a frenzy trying to cram too much together.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
here is this years NMBS pro women done on score VS points.

i just went top 3, far enough to see april would have got 2nd instead of pizzaro. 14th in durango hurt pizarro enough on her % to lose 2nd.

this in W/O big bear. even w/o bigbear the overall was still the same for the top 3.

http://bcdracing.com/dhbro/score test.htm

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
bcd said:
That was some peoples opinion.

I am going forward with this.

Things have not changed for the better at for a long time.
I don't think this time is going to be any different.

What I am looking to do is bring freeriders and racers together, with slopestyle and dh racing. Make it a gravity only weekend. Without XC
we are open to new venues and have more training time with a better appreciation for the sport. The freeriders have so much more spectator draw than downhillers. Make it into a great weekend. not a frenzy trying to cram too much together.

Does Norba require DH and XC to remain together? I still thing you are looking more at becoming a promotor rather than a sanctioning body.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Motionboy2 said:
Does Norba require DH and XC to remain together? I still thing you are looking more at becoming a promotor rather than a sanctioning body.
lol, i don't know yet, i think the sanctioning body should have better rules for the promoters to follow. then all races would be consistantlly good.

i have never been to a dh only NCS. they have XC as we all know.

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
I am in.. We need to seperate DH from xc because it takes alot o time to promote a race.. I am not running xc at Roughrider Canyon.. If someone wants to do it , They are welcome to build trail and run a race.. There are rules.. We have some rad DH racing and other stuff.. We need a big ski area to help out.. Angel fire ? I dont know.. :thumb: