Quantcast

Diablo August 28th

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
We had this date planned for a while, so went even though they said it was going to pour. and i guess it poured the whole weekend. we get there at about 11:30am, Never seen so much fog. take the lift up and about half way i can't see my buddies in the next chairlift over, it was so foggy.
we get to the top and i can see about 15feet in front of me. good thing i've been there before. i lead my friends thru the first couple of runs. wet but not bad. the skinnies were wet, but aslong as you stay straight it was ok. the rocks for some reason felt like they were sticky and gave grip.

as the day went on, the fog cleared and the sun came out. turned out to be one kickass day. it was my friend Alex Price's first time back on a mtn since the accident. and 2months ahead of schedule. he road like a champ. i felt faster too. my buddies and i pretty much stayed altogether. thats the best.

i believe there was another monkey there, saw his RM jersey. maybe he'll chime in.

sorry no photos. never wanted to stop and take any...
Steve

Flats

Chimp
Jul 30, 2005
the ROC, NY
good times milky. the place seemed incredibly fast despite the wetness. looks like we're luck since it was closed yesterday due to rain/wind.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
I hope to be there 9th and 10th.
And it's not every weekend Milky...It was every weekday!
i hate you with such a passion i can't even say.

hope to see you there. and actually get to rid with you. i might just have to fix your bike for the hell of it though