Quantcast

disk brake adapters?

mistaare

Chimp
Dec 22, 2005
im going to make this quick and to the point.

do i have to get any special adapter to run hfx-mag brakes with a saint front hub, surly rear hub, pike fork, and sovereign frame(evil)?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
One thing you'll need to consider is that the Saint hubs use the centerlock rotors. I don't know if Shimano makes adaptors for IS rotors...they should.

Here's a page about brackets for various Hayes brakes. There's a link there for different forks.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Firstly, you need to know the rotor size for front and rear (not always the same). You didn't put that down.

Second, that PDF BikeGeek listed does cover all the fork fits up till 2005. You should be able to find it from the fork manufacturer as well.

Finally the rear is dependent on the size of your rotor, although from this picture it looks like a standard fit:

mistaare

Chimp
Dec 22, 2005
Brake Usage F/R: Rear/Front
Disc Mount: 74mm Post Mount
Hub/Brake Compatibility: 6-Bolt Disc
Rotor Size: 160 mm
Brake Lever Actuation: Hydraulic
Weight:

thanks guys, i didnt know that there were so many variations...

does this help? as for the front hub i will look for something else. i get a really good deal through Quality Bike Supply and they dont have many pre-made 20mm front wheels to choose from.

J

JRB

mistaare said:
would the pike fork need an adaptor for hfx-mag brakes,
says 160mm rotors, 74 mm post mounts?
You need international standard mount which is 51mm. The Manitou post mount uses 74mm mounts. Some new Marzocchis are using it too now, I believe.

You need centerlock adapters to run non-shimano rotors. If you are running saint rotors, you should be fine, if you are running 160mm.

I can't seem to find an adapter that works on Saint hubs. Does anyone know what the difference in say Saint and XTR is???

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Get a sait rotor they are expensive but they are the only way to get the hub to work. You need a Hayes 51mm to 74mm 160mm rotor adapter for the front, and a rear version of the same thing. Why go prebuilt? A custom build will give you better options.

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
I've got a 6" and 8" saint rotor, both brand new, with lock rings.
$15 for the 6
$20 for the 8
+shipping
PM if interested