Quantcast

diverse springs

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
whats the deal here. Are they still selling ti MTB springs????? Is anybody???

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
whats the deal here. Are they still selling ti MTB springs????? Is anybody???
this has been covered, but site has moved to: http://www.dsp-racing.com/

and seriously, just call Fadi @ Ph: 661-775-3775

basically, no-one is able to get their hands on product right now and no-one really knows where to get raw material... it seems like there is a shortage of Ti alloy but nobody really knows why because prices are pretty low at the moment...

*edit* if you have the capability to make Ti springs for MTB applications, now is the time to start selling. there is a huge void that DSP filled for awhile but couldn't keep up with demand.

that being said, DSP has a bunch of old stock that they are getting rid of, so ring em up and see if they got what you need.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
this has been covered, but site has moved to: http://www.dsp-racing.com/

and seriously, just call Fadi @ Ph: 661-775-3775

basically, no-one is able to get their hands on product right now and no-one really knows where to get raw material... it seems like there is a shortage of Ti alloy but nobody really knows why because prices are pretty low at the moment...

*edit* if you have the capability to make Ti springs for MTB applications, now is the time to start selling. there is a huge void that DSP filled for awhile but couldn't keep up with demand.

that being said, DSP has a bunch of old stock that they are getting rid of, so ring em up and see if they got what you need.
hmmmm. I checked the old Obtanium thread......I was the last person to post......oh a few months ago. I haven't really seen any info popping up recently.
I neet a 450x2.75 so I doubt they have any of those in their "old stock" as its a pretty common size/weight.
I have no interest in ordering from CRC as I got hammored in fees at my doorstep the one time a tried them. I'll hold out for DSP....

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
really? last time me and a few people talked to them, they werent selling any Ti spring since they were holding them to sell with their shocks.

jwick

Chimp
May 19, 2008
hmmmm. I checked the old Obtanium thread......I was the last person to post......oh a few months ago. I haven't really seen any info popping up recently.
I neet a 450x2.75 so I doubt they have any of those in their "old stock" as its a pretty common size/weight.
I have no interest in ordering from CRC as I got hammored in fees at my doorstep the one time a tried them. I'll hold out for DSP....

Ha! I was just looking for one today and i thought i saw that size on ebay...

Check it out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Renton-Coil-DHX-Ti-rear-spring-2-75-S-x-450-/380332036954?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588d8e535a

Hopefully its the right diameter...

Last edited:

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
Dave that's weird man about having to pay Customs or extra charges, James and myself have never had any issues like that and I know he frequently uses them and I was last year.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Dave that's weird man about having to pay Customs or extra charges, James and myself have never had any issues like that and I know he frequently uses them and I was last year.
Ya I thought I was gettin a great deal on a pair of 5-10's......nope

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
really? last time me and a few people talked to them, they werent selling any Ti spring since they were holding them to sell with their shocks.
we were/are :confused: a dealer (don't know anymore, business has gotten very iffy in terms of communication) and so i still get random info down the pipeline. you are correct, a few months back i was told the same thing... "sorry, but pushing our shocks more than springs". However, i was told maybe 3 weeks back?? that "Ti springs were in stock for orders". I had assumed that meant they weren't selling shocks like they would like and were getting rid of inventory. Its really too bad if these guys go under, they had nice springs and good prices.

If anyone finds a reliable source of Ti springs, post up! So far it sounds like Nukeproof is the only one that actually has stuff to deliver.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Seriously, is BTI not reliable or something? Nobody wants RCS? I just looked here and they're almost fully stocked.

Seems like a reliable source to me...
Excellent! RCS it is. :thumb:

BTI is about as reliable as it gets, nobody every posts about getting a RCS spring so I just figured that everyone knew they made them, but no-one had actually got one. Thanks for the info!

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
nobody every posts about getting a RCS spring so I just figured that everyone knew they made them, but no-one had actually got one.
RCS may not come to everyone's mind due to past fitment issues when everyone had to have a DHX w/ Ti.......

btw, has anyone placed a RCS on a Fox lately?

Edit: Also, folks used to complain about RCS's weight & $........has this changed for the better?

J

Last edited:

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
For what it's worth, I emailed DSP's customer service email for a Ti spring today around 2PM to see if they had my size spring in stock. By 3:45, the deal was done and the spring was shipping. Great C/S!

--JP