Quantcast

dj in g-town teaser

northshorerat

Monkey
Oct 7, 2001
found a pic from awhile back. if your intrested get ahold of downhil or myself. also these still need improving and we cant get much done on our own and could use some help.

Attachments

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
not sure if y'all are aware or not, but some people here in austin are working with some other people in georgetown to get more trails up there. that means there'd be a lot more people riding up in g-town which could lead to those jumps getting more and more popular with the mtb-ers as word about them got around. weren't they kinda secret? i met a guy on 9th St. from San Marcos/SWT who knew where the g-town jumps were.

northshorerat

Monkey
Oct 7, 2001
there are two sets of dirtjumps in gtown. one set is kept up and the other is all busted and barely riden at all.

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
the ones that people know about are back behind the whataburger on 35. they were 9th street style but now no one and i mean no one rides them. they are paintball bunkers now. these are highly confidential. strictly a need to know basis. so anybody want to come and help dig?!;)

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
tables would take awhile without filler, but if you want to..sure. and we have the first double in a proposed 6 pack that winds nicely through the trees. soooo pretty.

mcdurly1

Chimp
Dec 8, 2001
Austin, TX
if there is anyone that is sincerely interested in getting the 26" scene going in Austin then there shouldn't be any waisted effort on some set of 5' doubles in "g- town." there are many hillsides that are not occupied, and I mean hillsides capable of actual dh runs with shuttle capabilities. (meaning you do not walk up the hill) stuff that is so steep that most people in town can't even ride. throw down some dirt jumps goin' downhill, where you don't pedal at all. make stuff that is scary to ride, puts it to the edge all the time. when that happens people will start to cooperate with each other. Austin has so much potential its crazy, but no one is going to unfold all of that alone. so yes, people need to get together and build. it shouldn't be secret. let it out there. every time I or any of my friends have built a stunt or trail we let as many people that are interested know about it. SHARE THE LOVE.

peace out,
mcdurly1

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i agree there is potential in austin, but what're the odds of getting permission to build a DH runs? at the present, i would rather work on the jumps in g-town that could be kept low-key, than put in the tons of hours needed to even get looked at by the bigwigs here. if there'd be a group of say 10 people who got together to start trying to get things going, i'd help out.

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Originally posted by mcdurly1
if there is anyone that is sincerely interested in getting the 26" scene going in Austin then there shouldn't be any waisted effort on some set of 5' doubles in "g- town." so yes, people need to get together and build. it shouldn't be secret. let it out there. every time I or any of my friends have built a stunt or trail we let as many people that are interested know about it. SHARE THE LOVE.

peace out,
mcdurly1

first of all no one said they are secret. they just seem that way because only 3 people ride and work on them. that picture is also well over a year old...they are quite a bit larger now and there is 3 different lines with about 3 doubles each. so with 3 people that translates into a sh!tload of work with only 3 people working on the weekends.

secondly with the attitude that you show on here why would anyone want to ride with you and your "super extreme, envelope pushing freeriders"? (not really a flame....just asking.)

mcdurly1

Chimp
Dec 8, 2001
Austin, TX
I really do not mean to have an attitude or upset anyone. All I am trying to do is get our sport some recognition. yes, trail cutting is illegal, but what can someone say when the place is already riddled with trail. Thank you for the compliment of envelope pushing freeriders, but just becuase our envelope is larger doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to mail yours off as much as you can. is it possible that everyone interested in this meet at some place somewhere and try to organize ideas or whatever. I am down. I may seem a bit harsh on the net, but in real life I am a cool dude.
peace out,
mcdurly1

mcdurly1

Chimp
Dec 8, 2001
Austin, TX
well "downhil,"
the whole "I'll pass" thing makes it obvious that you have no courage and as a person you must really suck brown star. oh yeah, here's an idea for your shop....... f*ck off!

maggotbrain

Chimp
Dec 24, 2001
atx
sounds like yall have nice little flame workin here but it need a few things. first, downhil please wait for your nuts to drop before you post again,im tired of reading replys from someone who is afraid of the dark not to mention MEETING NEW PEOPLE.that is just stupid.

mcdurly1 you have a good idea but personally id much rather drive thirty minutes to ride some SICK dirtjumps in g-town even though i live three seconds from ninth street(which totally sucks by the way)only to drive back with a dirty taste in my mouth because no one(downhil) would talk to me.

durly give me a pm and so we can meet up and do this shwit right.ive already got a bunch of stuff in the works and could use someone with an eye for good lines and motivation to get the scene here going in the right direction.just to make sure everyone knows, the wrong direction is to WASTE TIME building dj's when there is a world class spot in the heart of ATX.

shorerat- props on the pic.looks like youve got some skills so why dont you get in on the real deal.

DOWNHIL : SEW IT UP and maybe you should change your name to introvert dirt jumper.i wrote this to make sure youve been properly called out, please give me a pm when youre ready to live up to your name.

Oct 5, 2001
THanks for the props Maggot but that isn't shorerat even though youu probably made his year by noticing his artistic skill in the photo world.

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Originally posted by maggotbrain
im tired of reading replys from someone who is afraid of the dark not to mention MEETING NEW PEOPLE.that is just stupid.

DOWNHIL : SEW IT UP and maybe you should change your name to introvert dirt jumper.i wrote this to make sure youve been properly called out, please give me a pm when youre ready to live up to your name.

ive met mcdurly and he's fine in person, and i've heard hes a good rider from people, i just don't want to hang out with people who are d!cks online. sue me.

i also go to all the dh races and slalom races that are in the state. so thanks for "calling me out".

everyone is free to come and ride with us at anytime. just don't flip out when someone says something that you don't agree with. im going riding at the " weak, wasted time" dirtjumps.

LunchBox

Chimp
Feb 14, 2002
Texas
Anyone for a round of kumaya...(koom-bi-ah)...holy christ in a paddle boat do you spell the name of that GD song?
DownHill...yer a fine human...can't remember exactly which one you are, but yer an ex-dirtworkz'er...so yer alright. Has Brian had any luck with the laaaaaadies yet?:rolleyes:

northshorerat

Monkey
Oct 7, 2001
so scott what did you do to the bombshell?

and maggot thanks for the props, but mark is the one with all the skill, pics of my jumps never come out for some reason. if and when i am jumping.

im all ways up for riding with new people, hell ask stinkymonkey 'bout that.

guys mudslinging is never the answer for anything, save that for the jumps.

anyways FLAME ON!!!!!!!!!

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
shawn on the bigger double to the right, i tapped the back wheel right on the top of the landing jump and then....BLAM the steerer tube snapped in half and the front wheel and fork fell off the bike. the head tube got ovalized big time. it literally exploded. i just tucked and rolled and didn't get a scratch on me, just a little dirty. you guys missed a good day of riding.

i guess i pushed the envelop on the weak jumps and lost.

we also "wasted more time" building a new line going into the second set. so now there are 3 lines that quickly merge into one.
3x fun races will be really really fun now!

im going to call bombshell and see about warranty. otherwise its a new 03 gimp for me! going riding tomorrow too if anyone wants to come. pm me.

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Originally posted by northshorerat

im all ways up for riding with new people, hell ask stinkymonkey 'bout that.

guys mudslinging is never the answer for anything, save that for the jumps.

1st comment--"always up for riding"?? lets not stretch the truth.;)

2nd--if you notice, i havent said sh!t to anyone....everyone else is claiming that our jumps are secret, and they suck, and i just talk sh!t. but thankfully i have been "called out" now.

northshorerat

Monkey
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by downhil

1st comment--"always up for riding"?? lets not stretch the truth.;)

Out of context!

i also heard that jason did some work on some new lines. does he have my money yet?

playing with my money is like playing with my emotions

northshorerat

Monkey
Oct 7, 2001
I GOTTA GIT PAID BEFORE YOU GIT PAID!!!!!!!!!!!!

jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
not quite the 2 i was talking about. you guys are the ones who suck. ask yourselves.....who broke their steerer tube in half while pushing the envelope?

me, baby, me

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Originally posted by downhil
so you going to come ride this weekend inbred?
when/where are y'all riding?

by the way, were any of y'all at Walnut Creek tonight? saw a guy with a Shiver...doubt he's a big XC racer.

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
my stem is done and there is one other for you. the chainguides are coming along.....

i wasn't at walnut creek, but i do know a couple guys with a shiver. i'd like to go back to the jumps on sunday...i have to work saturday til 6, so maybe we could do some urban? we have some kick ass places.