Quantcast

DJ park work

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Thanks to those who came out and helped today! You guys really helped, because without you we really didnt have many people. At one time later in the day it was just me and Pat, and no one else was even there. :rolleyes:
Anyway, I'm not too sure, we'll have to check with Pat, but I think he's planning on doing more work next saturday and would probably like more help.

Oh, and you guys from GHY... who's who on here? I'll have another video sometime, don't know when. :)

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
David, if you don't get pics up, I'll try and swing by tomorrow. I meant to bring my camera when I was there but completely brain farted. I'll try and get out there again this saturday, post here if you and Pat are coming.

As for what got done, mostly the second line from the right side got fixed up, the first jump was horrible before, its now back in riding condition which is good news. The little baby line is no more (never really existed anyways) and in its place two fairly large tables are being put in, the first load of dirt was there when I was there last weekend and they were expecting another load. Main order of business though was to get the tall weeds removed and large rocks pulled out because the hydro seeding needs to get done in the next few weeks. It was slated to be done in the fall but that never happened and if it doesn't get done asap the drought conditions might screw the chances of grass growing at all. The little dirt mover that was there would have been great but no one left keys for it so we had to do all the work by hand, the GHY guys brought the majority of the tools and when they peaced out we were left with only a handful. I keep meaning to buy a shovel/rake etc but never get around to it. If anyone in the Bham area has tools and is free this weekend you should come out, we could use them(and your help!)

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
mplutodh1 said:
I meant to bring my camera when I was there but completely brain farted.
As did mine when I went yesterday, I remembered when I got there. I'll be there on saturday, dont know about pat, I dont have his number, but he'll probably show. Yes, we need more tools and people to help!

huckerAJ

Monkey
Aug 8, 2002
We were stoked to see a legal place to dig and will be looking into trying to aquire some land down here in Renton. Shovels are really cheap only 10-20 bucks. I cant beleive there was not more people helping out. You guys have some KILLER potential to have some fun stuff. My only suggestion would be just work on getting those lines riding and sift some dirt for the faces after you tear them up. We will be back ASAP PEACE!!!!

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
dwaugh said:
As did mine when I went yesterday, I remembered when I got there. I'll be there on saturday, dont know about pat, I dont have his number, but he'll probably show. Yes, we need more tools and people to help!
With today's rain I am not heading out there, don't think youd be able to see much in the shots if I did, if it lets up I'll head out there.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Its gonna be raining on the weekend I have heard, so I might decide not to go do work at the park, and I might just do work at galbraith instead, or go on a ride. But I dont wanna be out in the open in the rain, better to be in trees.

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
ride said:
Yeah I heard that thing is a MONSTER!
seriously.......who is even gonna be able to clear that thing, not to mention it is at least 2 to 3 work parties away from being completed!

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
he did the second one, not the first one(he went around the first one to the right), and he is my little bro but he is 24.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
hahaha but i am little compared to you....by 2 inches...and like 30 pounds...

we didn't take a camera though...oh well we could only really hit one double on our big bikes anyways(bigline on the left) but we couldn't carry speed to hit the next ones
i definately want to get back there with a hardtail!!

some bmx'er was jumping the big line all the way though, smooth!!

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
go east on lakeway drive, to puget street, then take a left, drive strait past the skate board park, park on the left. dj are next to the skate park.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
joelsman said:
go east on lakeway drive, to puget street, then take a left, drive strait past the skate board park, park on the left. dj are next to the skate park.
does the skatepark allow bikes? (somehow, I know it doesn't..... :monkey: )

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
cove rider said:
that link with pics of the park is way old though

Dude I took a few new pics... made no sense to take pics of the same lines when you cant tell the changes that were made to them from just about anywhere except with a bike.