Quantcast

DJing tires

Arutha

Monkey
Nov 26, 2002
Western PA
I was wondering about tires for 26ers for my HT. I would say 90% of the time this bike will be used for DJing and an occasional slalom course. The other 10% would be as a backup for trail riding and Urban.

I was thinking maybe Single ply Maxxis Bling Blings but thought I would ask the ones who know more. Currently I have Tioga 2.3 DH but I am taking them for another bike and wish to try something different.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I absolutely love my Maxxis single ply Larsen TTs in 2.35. They can be a bit sketchy in sharp, loose corners. Maybe a Bling Bling up front and a Larsen TT in the rear.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I would go with the Maxxis Bling Bling set. The traction is amazing, so cornering kicks arse. I would certainly check those out, they're a bit on the pricy side, but you won't be dissapointed.

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
I gotta say the Bling's.

I have been selling a lot of them lately, and have them on my DJ bike also, and they rock!

Very predictable, and corner very well.:thumb:

NJPhil

Chimp
Dec 3, 2001
New Jersey
Originally posted by profro
I absolutely love my Maxxis single ply Larsen TTs in 2.35. They can be a bit sketchy in sharp, loose corners. Maybe a Bling Bling up front and a Larsen TT in the rear.
Ding, ding :D That is what I just mounted up on my Imp last night. Hope to get to the local bmx track tonight to test them out.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I've been running the 1.9 larsen tt's for about a month now and i am really liking them down the trails. no need for big tyres for street or jumping. The have a very predictable braking point in the berms and roll real well.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I forgot, the one other tire you might want to check out is the Arrow Launch tires. I mounted some of those on my 24 inch wheeled bike, and they work great out here. You may want something a bit more in the front though, maybe a Bling Bling.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
personally, i like the larson tts & highroller semislicks, but i use maxxis highroller semislicks.

it really depends on the type of dirt you ahve... my dirt is very smooth & hard packed. Tires with large nobbies tend to shred the dirt a little... so the less knobs, the longer the dirt lasts @ my spot.

- dump