Quantcast

Dj's w/ longer stems

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
I was wondering whats the longest stem anyones using on the Dj bike and mabey some pics of them. Thanks
right now i'm running a 55mm reach Atomlab GI stem which i like.... but i also used a 70mm Race Face Diabolous stem. it really just comes down to preference... i feel like when my stem is longer it makes the bike feel a little more bmx race-ish (good manualing through rollers at speed, good speed jumping)...while a shorter stem makes the bike ride little more freestyle (boosting lips, 360s etc.)

most people run 45mm to 55mm bmx style stems. (22.2mm or 7/8" inch is bmx size clamping area while 25.4 and 31.8mm are mtb sizes.... be sure to check before you buy a new stem).
http://www.bti-usa.com/public/category/ST/STSM/RF/RF7361?page=1#RF7361

Last edited:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
You will like it so much better if you get a longer frame and a shorter stem. Seriously.

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
I run a 75mm stem but I'm also 6'7 on a bike with a 22.5 inch tt. What bike are you looking at that has 24 inch actual toptube?

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
the voodoo shango. i found it at closeout price for 170. and at this point i just want a frame that doesnt feel so cramped. what stem are you running thats 75? i only find a handful of longer stems that seem built enough for Djing

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
this says the Shango has a top tube of 585mm, which is 23.03" inches. not sure how that was measured.

>
http://www.beyondbikes.com/bb/itemdesc.asp?Ic=ss-shango

The Shango is an overbuilt frame designed to take the rigors of dirt jumping without breaking the bank. You can set it up as a burly One speed or geared hardtail.
:: Plain gauge CrMo steel tubing, headtube gussets, head badge
:: Adjustable aluminum rear dropouts with built-in tensioners
:: Sloping top tube, extended seat tube, detachable brake bosses
:: Brake: International Standard 51mm disc mount or linear brake
:: Dropouts: vertical, sliding dropouts move fore-aft 20mm
:: 2.5 max rear tire
:: Size: 14.0 in. (13 in. center-to-center)
:: Top Tube: 585mm
:: Chainstay: 420-440mm
:: Head Angle: 69.0 degrees
:: Seat Angle: 71.0 degrees
:: Headset: 1-1/8 in.
:: BB: 68mm English threaded
:: Seatpost: 27.2mm (not included) (bolt-type seat collar included)
:: Front derailleur clamp size: 31.8mm (not included)
:: Weight: 7.0lbs

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
the voodoo shango. i found it at closeout price for 170. and at this point i just want a frame that doesnt feel so cramped. what stem are you running thats 75? i only find a handful of longer stems that seem built enough for Djing
Race face evolve dh