Quantcast

DK Fury 24

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
I don't know much about bmx parts. I notice that the specs include alot of DK house parts and only lists the hubs as 36h alloy. I guess I cant expect much from a bike priced that low as far as parts go. I just wanna start racing and figured a crusier would be easier to handle over a 20" how long should a aluminium fame last on a bmx? or should i look for a cromo framed bike.
Im not at all abusive to my bikes but it seems like the frame would take more stress on a rigid bike vs one with suspention.

past owners... good to go, or find something else..?

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
The aluminum bikes are meant for racing only. Frame life will be somewhat close to an mtb, if not a bit longer. The suspension issue, well, has different points of view. One could say the force of landing will be greater on the frame, namely the headtube/toptube/downtube junction. Another could say that the length and weight of a suspension fork can increase stress put on the headtube. If this will be a track only bike, go for it, but if you want to take it on the occasional street ride or dirt jump session, you may want to check out the DK general lee, a 4130 framed cruiser. I just got my hands on a 2003 Mosh method 3 star gold cruiser, and it's hella sweet. Seealed hubs, 3 piece chromo cranks and rhynolite wheels. I haven't got much time on it, but it rides and accelerates like crazy.

gierhed

Chimp
Jun 8, 2004
Summerville, SC
I am 5'10 and it fits me just fine. Actually, I have not raced yet. I just started with BMX. I'm the type that will not race till I can be very competitive.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
DK Fury? Hell yeah!
You can't beat the DK bikes. The Fury is sweet, cheap price, but no cheap parts. Get one.
If you choose the heavier General Lee, there's an '04 for sale for $100 in the Pacific Northwest forum, Buy / Sell from "NOTEETH".

Check out my DK UX24 in my "Sweet Dirt Jump Fork" thread.

animal 52

Chimp
Aug 23, 2002
I have a fury 24''. Most of the parts are good but the cranks look scary and the threads in them began stripping the day I got the bike. Brakes suck too, but you can't get everything for that price. Overall, I've been impressed with it, and those are my only two real complaints. If you really want something to compete on, I might consider saving some more money and buying something 1 or 2 hundred more. however, the bike is relatively lightweight, and the hubs, while cheap, have been going strong and fast for six months on mine.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
I just got a DK 24" 4130 frame today to match my UX24. I tried to order a Fury from DK but they were sold out.
I assumed the Fury came with DK Chop Stix cranks like my UX24, but it looks like the '04 and '05's come with generic 3pc tubular Cro-mo cranks with pinch bolts. The older ones came with one piece cranks. For $239 this bike is a steal, replace parts later if you really need to.

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
TWISTED said:
I just got a DK 24" 4130 frame today to match my UX24. I tried to order a Fury from DK but they were sold out.
I assumed the Fury came with DK Chop Stix cranks like my UX24, but it looks like the '04 and '05's come with generic 3pc tubular Cro-mo cranks with pinch bolts. The older ones came with one piece cranks. For $239 this bike is a steal, replace parts later if you really need to.

yeah it comes with generic 3pc cromo cranks probably the only thing i would change is the pedals those DK ironcross flats are heavy!!!

and Im up in B.C so its actualy $439 but thats still a steal.. I also that the proposed property for the new BMX track here (Kamloops) is a 5min ride from house!!!

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Dirt rider said:
yeah it comes with generic 3pc cromo cranks probably the only thing i would change is the pedals those DK ironcross flats are heavy!!!

and Im up in B.C so its actualy $439 but thats still a steal.. I also that the proposed property for the new BMX track here (Kamloops) is a 5min ride from house!!!
Actually my '05 DK catalog doesn't show the Fury 24 with the Iron Cross pedals, just generic alloy platforms.
Have your shop order the bike from System Cycle at (800) 332-9237.
Tim

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
TWISTED said:
Actually my '05 DK catalog doesn't show the Fury 24 with the Iron Cross pedals, just generic alloy platforms.
Have your shop order the bike from System Cycle at (800) 332-9237.
Tim
OH Ill see about the peadls maby treir not the one im thinking of.

what is system cycle? are they a shop or an importer? if their a shop than no can do, I kinda got a shop rider thing going on with bicycle cafe who is a DK dealer.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Dirt rider said:
OH Ill see about the peadls maby treir not the one im thinking of.

what is system cycle? are they a shop or an importer? if their a shop than no can do, I kinda got a shop rider thing going on with bicycle cafe who is a DK dealer.
System Cycle is the parent company of DK. System cycle has a large catalog of bmx parts including everything from DK. Basicly "DK" is "System Cycle". Your shop most likely gets it's DK's from System Cycle.
I kinda got a semi sposored thing going with DK / System Cycle.

Handlebarsfsr

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
ct
i bought a dk cromoly frame (i belive its the general lee fram with different graphics), threw a marzocchi z1 on there mtb bars and stem, and ive got a hell of a bmx track/park/ urban bike. it works great, get the cromo dk, its not that heavy for a strong steel frame.

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
TWISTED said:
System Cycle is the parent company of DK. System cycle has a large catalog of bmx parts including everything from DK. Basicly "DK" is "System Cycle". Your shop most likely gets it's DK's from System Cycle.
cool.

I would be interested though to look though system cycles ctologue to see what else they have..

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Handlebarsfsr said:
i bought a dk cromoly frame (i belive its the general lee fram with different graphics), threw a marzocchi z1 on there mtb bars and stem, and ive got a hell of a bmx track/park/ urban bike. it works great, get the cromo dk, its not that heavy for a strong steel frame.
Sounds cool. You saw both my cro mo DK 24s right? Look at my "Sweet dirt jump fork" post too. DK makes great bikes.

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
I know this may sound dumb but can i expcet the same quality of workmenship,welds,straightness, etc.. with an aluminum BMX frame as I can from a aluminum MTB frame, considering that most BMX frames are cromo.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Dirt rider said:
I know this may sound dumb but can i expcet the same quality of workmenship,welds,straightness, etc.. with an aluminum BMX frame as I can from a aluminum MTB frame, considering that most BMX frames are cromo.
Sure, it's probably the same guys at Kinesis Taiwan welding them.

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
TWISTED said:
Sure, it's probably the same guys at Kinesis Taiwan welding them.
thats what I figured.

thanks for all of your help TWISTED. I would have the bike right now, but I need to keep my money for other things right now (school)

Oh man am I stoked for the new track near my house. it will be soo rad.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Dirt rider said:
thats what I figured.

thanks for all of your help TWISTED. I would have the bike right now, but I need to keep my money for other things right now (school)

Oh man am I stoked for the new track near my house. it will be soo rad.
No problem.
I've got two DK 24's and there is a new permanent indoor bmx track nearby but I can't ride because I crashed over the bars, hard on my head the first day they let anyone ride on it. Hopefully I'll be OK to ride next weekend.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Dirt rider said:
Ouch.

helmets save lives, saved mine.

who makes good 24 BMX tires I know maxxis makes a good rubber in crusier sizes.
Yeah, my Bell Bellistic saved me there. It's got three cracks in it now and the visor's broke in two. Time for a new helmet.

I've got Maxxix holy rollers size 1.85" x 24" on the UX24, they seem like good all around tires. I have semi slicks on the 24" 4130, Ritchey speed max and Kenda Kwick, both 1.95" (look the same). These tires are real fast and light, but not as much traction and would be easy to pinch-flat if riding urban.

Ifelloffabike

Monkey
Apr 14, 2003
Strong Island Ny
TWISTED said:
Fly bikes is also part of system

rayray74

Chimp
May 28, 2006
Great Falls
Handlebarsfsr said:
How much travel do you have on the z1?