Quantcast

Do any of you ski?

DR. Dirt

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
East Coast
i was wondering how many of you guys or girls also ski.

there is a new ski forum, www.skifreakz.com, that just started and we need help getting it up and going.

Sorry for making an ad, but me and my freinds really want this to take off so that in the winter we will have a forum.

any help is much appreciated.

thanks

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
robdamanii said:
I do ski, but much more recreationally than anythng else.

And my knees are getting bad, so I don't know how much more I'll be able to do of it.

I'm a recreational skier as well, but would maybe bump it up a bit more.......

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I ski, but I am a much better mountain biker than I am skier. For those of you who've ridden with me, that should tell you a lot about how "well" I ski. :think:

DR. Dirt

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
East Coast
cool. guys, all of you should join the site, we really need to start gettting more people on there.

my name on that site is Djmp3

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
SkaredShtles said:
All joking aside, I was thinking of going to like play it again sports or the paper to find some used skiis for the winter. I may be able to go a few times during the winter, and now that I’m getting into better shape it should be a blast!

DR. Dirt

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
East Coast
free beer, we will be getting a group ride together if we get enough people, in which case we would have like a bbq or something? i dont know, join the site, and we will talk! peace

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
I ski, but I am a much better mountain biker than I am skier. For those of you who've ridden with me, that should tell you a lot about how "well" I ski. :think:

LOL

I ski

Hmm, Monkey ski fest in january??

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Mmmmmm Snow...... :drool:

I'm like S.S. out here in Colorado. Its so nice being able to just go up on day trips almost anytime to some of North America's best snow. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
COmtbiker12 said:
Mmmmmm Snow...... :drool:

I'm like S.S. out here in Colorado. Its so nice being able to just go up on day trips almost anytime to some of North America's best snow. :D
Well.... I don't know about the best. But when it's good, it's good.

Just to come clean - pic #1 is Utah (of course :rolleyes: ) and pic #2 is interior BC.

Here's a Colorado pow pic, though!

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
SkaredShtles said:
Well.... I don't know about the best. But when it's good, it's good.

Just to come clean - pic #1 is Utah (of course :rolleyes: ) and pic #2 is interior BC.

Here's a Colorado pow pic, though!

Where do you usually go skiing SS? We have the Colorado Pass so unlimited Breck/Keystone/A-Basin and 10days at Vail/B.C.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
COmtbiker12 said:
Where do you usually go skiing SS? We have the Colorado Pass so unlimited Breck/Keystone/A-Basin and 10days at Vail/B.C.
Used to ski "regularly" at Winter Park.

Have 3 kids, so there is not much "regular" skiing as of late. Twice last year. :(

But this year we're going to try to get to Aspen/Snowmass a couple times, Steamboat, and some day trips to Summit/WP/Copper/etc.

Maybe try to get a couple days at the Butte, too. :think:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I am your average recreational skier. Rent my skis, go up for the day, tool around on the intermediate runs, get my azz handed to me on the black diamond runs. Watch the ski bunnies in the lodge. Yeah, skiing is cool.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
SkaredShtles said:
Used to ski "regularly" at Winter Park.

Have 3 kids, so there is not much "regular" skiing as of late. Twice last year. :(

But this year we're going to try to get to Aspen/Snowmass a couple times, Steamboat, and some day trips to Summit/WP/Copper/etc.

Maybe try to get a couple days at the Butte, too. :think:

Well we'll need to go up together then. You seem to have a knack for finding some sweet pow so I'll be your tag along. ;)

DR. Dirt

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
East Coast
SkaredShtles said:
"Online community for Northeast US skiers"

I guess I don't qualify.

:D

no, eeveryone is allowed, that should be changed.

You all are pre-apporoved!!!! dosent matter whether you suck, or you are insane, it is for everyone, skiil level, skin color, snowboard, whatever. eveyrone is more than welcome

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
I ski almost every weekend in the winter, the last three years have been spent teaching my 5 year old to ski. Last year my 3 year old started.