Votes: 2 20.0%
  • do what¿?

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Depends really how far/long I am riding. I try to eat 2-3 hours before my long endurance rides. I hardly ever ride on an empty stomach, but I don't load up on bars or anything before, I just have a regular breakfast. Before my commute home I usually eat a banana (yes, I am back on bananas), or a nutr grain bar or something.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
I Carb up the night before normally. I at least eat a lot. I normally just hit the trails with coffee and an energy bar though as I don't like to ride with a lot of crap in my stomach. (less to throw up mid-trail;) )

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
if i have a race i usually try to carbo load a couple of days before the race (1 to 2) if i;m going on a long ride like heidi i try to think extra fuel but dont stress it.

but i usually have at least something in my before a ride. But like tonight i wont eat anything before and it's going to be a 2 hour ride but i had a huge lunch of shrip fried rice. I ate the whole thing. :puke:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I usually forget to eat, and then have a mini-bonk while spinning home. :eek: I haven't bonked for real since April, tho.

zibbler

Monkey
I usually just have a protein shake and a granola bar about a half hour or so before I ride. I don't like puking very much. Besides, I've never been a morning eater. For some reason I could never tolerate solid food in the morning. I just gags me. :(

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
Well I just did the 24 hours of Winter Park and I have to admit I totally bonked on my 4th lap (maybe I should have trained instead of riding trials and DH?).
Well fortunately they had clif shots and gatorade at the checkpoints. I have to admit I was amazed at the affect those two items had on me. I went from walking up hills to passing people towards the end. Great stuff, I am now an advocate for clif shots (I think they did more for me than the gatorade).

Topaz

Chimp
Jul 6, 2002
Woodland Hills
If I'm doing a hard ride in the morning I'll have a glass of OJ, and bowl of cereal or oatmeal at least 30mins before my ride. If it's a really hard ride I'll add a bagel.

If I'm riding later in the day then I'll just stick to my normal routine of eating small meals or snacks every 2-3 hours. If it's been 2hrs since I've eaten then I'll probably have a cliff shot or drink before my ride.

During my ride I have something like cytomax in my water and I'll eat a cliff shot every 45-75mins. If it's a long hard ride I'll eat even more.

Anyone know how many calories the body can digest during an hour?