Dock Ellis and the LSD No-No

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i wish i could have tried the drugs from that era

and you dont tell a pitcher he's about throw a no/no

this guy is my hero:
"I can only remember bits and pieces of the game. I was psyched. I had a feeling of euphoria. I was zeroed in on the (catcher's) glove, but I didn't hit the glove too much. I remember hitting a couple of batters and the bases were loaded two or three times. The ball was small sometimes, the ball was large sometimes, sometimes I saw the catcher, sometimes I didn't. Sometimes I tried to stare the hitter down and throw while I was looking at him. I chewed my gum until it turned to powder. I started having a crazy idea in the fourth inning that Richard Nixon was the home plate umpire, and once I thought I was pitching a baseball to Jimi Hendrix, who to me was holding a guitar and swinging it over the plate. They say I had about three to four fielding chances. I remember diving out of the way of a ball I thought was a line drive. I jumped, but the ball wasn't hit hard and never reached me."
Ellis attempted to hit every batter in the Cincinnati Reds lineup on May 1, 1974 in an effort to prove a point to teammates
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dock_Ellis

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
i wish i could have tried the drugs from that era

and you dont tell a pitcher he's about throw a no/no

this guy is my hero:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dock_Ellis
I took an excessive amount of Acid and mescaline during the late 70 and early 80's. The Acid in particular was amazing! Shortly after the last Jerry Garcia Band tour it changed into the hit or miss thing that it is today IMO....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
last Jerry Garcia Band tour it changed into the hit or miss thing that it is today IMO....
a friend of mine who was following them at the time literally sh*t his pants because he was to fvcked up on acid to do anything but sit in the van and drool.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I took an excessive amount of Acid and mescaline during the late 70 and early 80's. The Acid in particular was amazing! Shortly after the last Jerry Garcia Band tour it changed into the hit or miss thing that it is today IMO....
man, i knew i grew up in the wrong generation!

the acid today is definitely hit or miss. when i last tried two years ago, i took two tabs and it barely felt like anything....big let down.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Up until 2000 the acid was phenomenal thanks to William Leonard Pickard. Once he got busted there was a 90% decline in acid. I ate a **** load of the stuff in the mid-90's it was intense...gel tabs, liquid, blotter, micro-dots....had some great times back then, visited some far off places of the universe & never once had a bad trip. :thumb:

I bet you now you can't even find the stuff & if you could you wouldn't even want to try it.