jay,ny
so now that the race is over ,lets hear what injuries people got,
for me it was a sprained ankle and a hole on the inside of
my lip(dont ask)

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
and forgot how to spell? i'm pretty much fine. got some pedal bites and my head kinda hurts from hitting it on a tree when i washed out

bruiser2

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Pelham, NY
i got 10 stitches on my ebebrow from smacking my handelbar and like my goggles cutting the skin under my eyebrow (in my race run) and then i like rode the rest of the run with blood pooring down my face lol....

bruiser2

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Pelham, NY
it was pretty fun, i was a little dazed and confused going off the red bull jump with like my left side pretty blurry, and some guy got a pic of me on the u.s. open berms, if he is on here can u post it up or send it to me at airforcej701@aol.com thanks!

v10rider

Chimp
Aug 6, 2007
i was on my way to the start and i went to the left of upper exodus and went that little trail and where they both merge my bars clipped the tree and i flew forward and screwed up both my shoulders, banged up my arms a little and my back. Im out of work for three days. People saw it happen to and asked if i was alright and I yelled no and said I have a race to get to then rode off in pain, then raced.

chatua

Chimp
Jul 3, 2007
Broken wrist and lots of bruises.

Bike Damage: bent Fatboy handlebar, shifter completely broke off, bent hanger, and an even more messed up rear wheel.

Didn't make my turn on Asylum wide enough was all I remember. Tried to save some time :(. Thought I could still finish the race until some guy was like, "Dude, where's you're shifter?" Then I realized I couldn't move my dominant wrist even though there wasn't that much pain at the time.

Montana

Chimp
May 28, 2007
i have badly sprained wrist and ankle, tore ligements in my shoulder, seperated my collar bone from the scapiala, broken collar bone and a concusion plus some other little crap like scrapes across my entire back and sore ribs and neck. bye bye brand new carbon fiber helmet. first fall ever that really scared me =(

bobushka king

Irontaint
Jun 26, 2007
seems like a lot of people got really messed up this race....

*edit* What part of the trail layed everyone out? It seems like Asylum caused the most damage.

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
i really don't get how so many people are hurt. i went down in those corners but there wasn;t much to get hurt badly on

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
People seem to get excited on race weekends and pin it faster... more then there abilities, which causes a bad outcome.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
They were going a lot faster than you.
lol sorry but i couldnt help myself from laughing.

so you guys think after all these falls on asylum they will hold another race thru there again? i only had one bad run thru there and figures it was on the race run. i went straight over that rock all the way at the bottom to the right. i was pist but i held on to it.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
I don't see why not. Haven't heard anyone sueing because they fell, haha but in all seriousness, it's an "extreme" sport I thought, people just ride over there ability.

chatua

Chimp
Jul 3, 2007
I'm so sad, Asylum was so much easier than Utah but yet again I prove to myself that I the easy stuff always gets me. :crazy:

funkyfunpuff

Chimp
Dec 12, 2004
NYC
Front tire washed out entering Asylum; I tired to hold myself up with left my leg, but then the bike decided to buck. Not sure what happened next, but my ankle and foot is sprained... Doc says I will be ok in 3 weeks, It could be worse ;)

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
I skipped this race to go to another one, but I should have come there instead. I've decided, after reading the posts after the last few races I'm doing the Diablo Series next year. With everyone wiping out it should be a ringer. I've still gotta get down there, race schedules keep conflicting. See you all soon hopefully.:cheers:

Montana

Chimp
May 28, 2007
I don't agree that people always ride over their ability, some maybee, its just if your in it to win it your riding at that edge and the slightest thing can go wrong and it can turn into a disaster.