Quantcast

Domination 4 Results?

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Congratulations to all racers! Hopefully everyone enjoyed the course!
Full results posted within 24 hours.

Pro Men:
1. Jurgen Beneke 3:02.78
2. Jason Memmelaar 3:08.84
3. Chris Higgerson 3:14.03
4. Leif Lorenzen 3:15.07
5. Sasha Merljak 3:15.40

Pro Women
1. Karen Eagan 3:55.79
2. Alexis Wruble 4:07.05

Am Men:
1. Phillip Kmetz 3:18.32
2. Zach Faulkner 3:26.19
3. Nick Demidio 3:27.96
4. Brian Smith 3:30.30
5. Ed Hefter 3:34.04

AM Women:
1. Isabel Georgian 4:13.64
2. Bonnie Chapman 4:24.68
3. Kathleen Herde 4:45.97
4. Francesca Turturro 5:16.51
5. Stephanie Fritz 5:29.01

Intro Men:
1. Travis Westerkamp 3:35.81
2. Joey Wyckoff 3:40.09
3. Dennis Yuroshek 3:45.44
4. Cody Wilkins 3:46.40
5. Nathan Kanney 3:48.74

Intro Women:

1. Stephanie Eannetta 8:17.74

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
Hey just checked out the results, my opinion, just gives me one more reason I will be racing the domination series next year. why do you ask? because there is absolutely no sandbagging going on here. How can I tell? the slowest podium pro was faster than the fastest amateur and slowest podium amateur was faster than the fastest intro. I so many times see a sport racer turning faster times than half the experts where I race (sandbaggers). Diablo seems to have their sh*t together when it comes to classing. My only question though. Do I race Intro, Amateur, or Pro? As I've stated before all the downhilling I do is at events that offer XC/DH/DS/MX in one venue and none are as wicked as Diablo or Downhill Specific either. I always sign up as expert in all catagories at these venues but have no way to guage where I should be at a race course like Diablo. What are your suggestions?

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Hey just checked out the results, my opinion, just gives me one more reason I will be racing the domination series next year. why do you ask? because there is absolutely no sandbagging going on here. How can I tell? the slowest podium pro was faster than the fastest amateur and slowest podium amateur was faster than the fastest intro. I so many times see a sport racer turning faster times than half the experts where I race (sandbaggers). Diablo seems to have their sh*t together when it comes to classing. My only question though. Do I race Intro, Amateur, or Pro? As I've stated before all the downhilling I do is at events that offer XC/DH/DS/MX in one venue and none are as wicked as Diablo or Downhill Specific either. I always sign up as expert in all catagories at these venues but have no way to guage where I should be at a race course like Diablo. What are your suggestions?
hate to be rude but your logic is way off. . . sport riders at the races you attend are faster than half the expert class and are therefore sandbaggers. amateur winner at diablo was slower than last podium spot in pro so he cannot be a sandbagger though he would have been 7th in pro and beat more than half the pro field. quite the paradox you've created.

there is no such thing as sandbagging, just people who who complain about being beat:nopity:

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
I guess I should have seen the complete results before I made the call on this one. Boy do I see a whole lot of slamming coming from this assessment I've made. Then again I figured if you cannot keep within 10 to 15 seconds of the leader in your class on a 3 minute race you should probably be in the class below you, my bad, like I've said Diablo is a different kind of racing I'm used to.:imstupid:

Rob Munro

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
I guess I should have seen the complete results before I made the call on this one. Boy do I see a whole lot of slamming coming from this assessment I've made. Then again I figured if you cannot keep within 10 to 15 seconds of the leader in your class on a 3 minute race you should probably be in the class below you, my bad, like I've said Diablo is a different kind of racing I'm used to.:imstupid:
I think you think too much. Just ride for god's sake.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
i think thats the first time thats happened.

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
I guess my main question was overlooked by my observations. How do the classes split up? In the races I attend there is Beginner, Sport, Expert, Semi-Pro, and Pro. I race Expert, smaller venues I always podium, larger venues (more than 20 in expert) I make podium or come very close to it. Not bragging, just looking for as acurate of placement as possible. And I know everyone will say, just ask when you get to the race, the directors will place you in the right class, but honestly, I have helped run and actually put on a race myself and there's nothing more time consuming than sitting with 75 people registering and 10 of those people want me to explain what class they should run, what are the courses like, how much more difficult is the expert than sport, etc. etc. etc. So I figured I'd get the answers here. I'm looking forward to joining all you next year and hopefully I'll get one more free weekend this year to come down and ride.

mingey

Chimp
Jul 31, 2007
so.. you only wanna be placed in a class youll do well in.. do you have no desire to be challeneged?.. or make yourself progress in your riding ability?

Rob Munro

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
I guess my main question was overlooked by my observations. How do the classes split up? In the races I attend there is Beginner, Sport, Expert, Semi-Pro, and Pro. I race Expert, smaller venues I always podium, larger venues (more than 20 in expert) I make podium or come very close to it. Not bragging, just looking for as acurate of placement as possible. And I know everyone will say, just ask when you get to the race, the directors will place you in the right class, but honestly, I have helped run and actually put on a race myself and there's nothing more time consuming than sitting with 75 people registering and 10 of those people want me to explain what class they should run, what are the courses like, how much more difficult is the expert than sport, etc. etc. etc. So I figured I'd get the answers here. I'm looking forward to joining all you next year and hopefully I'll get one more free weekend this year to come down and ride.
if you ride anywhere near as good as you hijack threads Jergen better watch out.

IAMAPRO

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Not bragging......
I race Expert, smaller venues I always podium, larger venues (more than 20 in expert) I make podium or come very close to it.
I usually don't have too much of a problem holding my own in the expert class and usually podium.
I don't know about, maybe I'll just have to come down win the pro class on YOUR trails to prove myself.
I kinda do this as a living....
I love to watch all videos of our sport, and this is not a complaint, but I keep telling my sponsors .....
:clapping: Ask you sponsors what class...........

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
OK I'll go along with this, but at the end you have to tell me, what class is expert equivalent to? Amateur or Pro?

"I think you think too much. Just ride for god's sake." Quote Bob Munro

I am on a bike 7 days a week, and love every minute of it, but have to wind down after 12-15 hour work days, nothing better than sitting at the computer and B.S.ing with fellow riders and trying to get in on a little of the harrassing

"Because they are the only ones around with just three classes." Quote DownhillR3

Exactly what I was stating, that's what I'm trying to state here, what is "expert" classified as?

"so.. you only wanna be placed in a class youll do well in.. do you have no desire to be challeneged?.. or make yourself progress in your riding ability?" Quote Mingey

Not even close to what I am about, If that was the fact why do I race 12 and 24 hour races, why do I search out the most extreme riding conditions, what possesses me to find the sickest jump lines, it's all about the same that draws us all to bikes, it for the adrenaline and for the most part no-one will admit it but it's true with all of us BRAGGING RIGHTS, and no I don't want to race in a class I only will do well in, that's why I haven't had an undefeated season in 3 years, because I have constantly tried to race in a class with people at my experience level.

"based on your my space name - you should race pro." Quote bfrich

my 13 year old daughter built and maintained my myspace in the beginning, and later my 9 and 11 year olds have added to it, I do although check it constantly and sometimes add blogs, comments, etc. In their eyes I am a pro, that's all they know of me is work, bikes and racing. And when we are at races I am as proud of them as they are of me. I could only wish to one day go pro and live the dream, BUT i'm in my mid 30's, so as of now all I can do is take my experience and knowledge and offer it to my 9 year old and see what he does with MY dream. Never know he may not even want what I alway was in search of.

"if you ride anywhere near as good as you hijack threads Jergen better watch out." Quote Bob Munro

I hijack threads for the same reasons as everyone else does, I read something in the thread that sparks a thought within my feeble mind, I then lash out and voice my oppinion, harrass someone, or just poke fun about the situation. And as far as Jergen, not sure about now but back in the day (late 90's I think) I had my chance against him once, and well, he kicked my a$$. But I guess you can classify him and I in the same boat under one pretense. We are both "retired" racers coming back. (by the way it was on a practice run I tried to stick with him to set a pace, he always outclassed me, that's if he's the same german dude that used to come to the US to kick some ass back in the 90's)

"Ask you sponsors what class" Quote IAMAPRO

Grassroots sponsoring by Marin came with my XC and Endurance racing success, I discussed with my rep last year about making a comeback to downhilling and that I was going to attempt to retain expert class, they are aware of everything I do, I try and represent the company the best I can by attending jump jams, festivals, photo ops, and whatever else can portray a quality representation of their products.
If I were Factory Sponsored hands down I had better be racing PRO, but at my level, expert is good enouph I believe.

"I kinda do this as a living...." Quote Myself

I was referring to jumping, and well It is my life, I have a dirt jump scene in my side yard, LITTERALLY, so every morning before work I make a dozen passes through the jumps. So I guess jumping every day of my life is kinda "living" it.

"I race Expert, smaller venues I always podium, larger venues (more than 20 in expert) I make podium or come very close to it." Quote Myself

Simply stating where I am at, not a brag, just giving an acurate guage for classification, by smaller venues I'm referring to those cross country oriented festivals that mark a 1-2 mile section of downhill cross country trails and claim it to be a "downhill race". Larger venues as stated I'm not always podium material, so in my book I'm not underclassed just an average expert rider.

"I don't know about, maybe I'll just have to come down win the pro class on YOUR trails to prove myself." Quote Myself

This was my actual post:
I got lost reading this post, does that mean that we aren't welcome this weekend? or is there an inside joke I don't know about, maybe I'll just have to come down win the pro class on YOUR trails to prove myself. Just kidding, but really what's the joke?

and that was after dirttastesgood posted and I quote:
"don't come visit us this weekend"

"I love to watch all videos of our sport, and this is not a complaint, but I keep telling my sponsors ....." Quote myself

If you were to keep going with what I was saying I was referring to the fact that I have been working with a guy at Marin in regards to their downhill bikes, I have been sending him videos of east coast riding with how rocky and technical it is and the fact that their downhill bikes handle great and are in my opinion one of the best riding, they just don't have quite enouph travel or burliness to handle some of the rock gardens out on the east coast.

"Stop Nitpicking Just Ride!" Quote Ironjumk

As I stated, I ride 7 days a week. Most of the days are just to go to work, but hey , I do just ride all the time. and have some of the best times when I get the occassion to ride at Diablo.

Now I've spent a half hour BSing on the computer, the same as you all do, and have defended my statements and probably opened myself up to even more harrASSment. but could we finally get down to it.

WHAT CLASS IS EQUIVALENT TO EXPERT??????????????????

I'm guessing Amateur, but I'm sure I won't get a straight answer so I'll just keep ragging on everyone else just as much as I get it from you guys, and remember I'm an outsider looking in, but hopefully, if the schedule and money allows, next year I'll be an insider looking out, and still posting and ripping with the best of you.

Dave:monkeydance:

Oh and one last quote for you history searchers to keep in mind I'll right this one down and wouldn't that be the sh!t if it came true

"my 12 year old son came down, posted a 3.43.04 and kicked all your pro's buts"

I'll check back in 3 years and see if it's posted

HA HA HA

don't forget to quote and slam this one Munro

until then we'll keep working on getting him down through the rocks without biffing it.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
I had made my quote to you because you said "my bad, Diablo is a different kind of racing then i'm used to." As far as I know, isn't Diablo the only one around with only 3 DH classes? So thats why i said what I said, it was meant as a funny comment.

mingey

Chimp
Jul 31, 2007
"and no I don't want to race in a class I only will do well in, that's why I haven't had an undefeated season in 3 years, because I have constantly tried to race in a class with people at my experience level."

uhh kindof exactly what i said... if youve had undefeated seasond for the last 3 years... you not riding with people of your skill level... if you get a fifth here second there first once or twice and an 8th.. you playing the game right.. your racing in a catagory that there's no room for error.. because everyone is at the same leve as you and if you make one mistake.. you are overtaken.. (expert is mid to top am usualy depending on where you place in expert in a pretty stacked race with 70 people or more)