Quantcast

Don't you hate it when....

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Your working on a bike and can't fix something that you know is an easy fix. I have been struggling all afternoon to try and get a fresh pair of brake pads in my Juicy 7 brake but I can not do it for the life of me. I swear I am about to spontaniously combust.....

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Oh yeah! Whistler last year, get there unpack the bike , go to put the front tire on but for whatever reason can't-calipers won't open back up. So when all else fails... force it ...right??? Wrong that ends up bursting the bladder and I spend 2hours or so looking for an LBS to solve it. I must have taken off/on that front tire a million times..WTF!

I say take a moment to re group or perhaps have a mate take a look at the prob. Maybe they'll see something you don't. Of course, I had W4S with me that day and even he coudn't solve it!

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
rockymt21 said:
Your working on a bike and can't fix something that you know is an easy fix. I have been struggling all afternoon to try and get a fresh pair of brake pads in my Juicy 7 brake but I can not do it for the life of me. I swear I am about to spontaniously combust.....
*don't bother reading this, I'm venting...

whew, wish I had such simple problems... Right now I'm stressing that the 2 shocks in my backpack make it onto the airplane, and that the frame in my suitcase isn't confiscated, or the other frame and 4 wheels and all assorted parts for two bikes doesn't get destroyed by the baggage munkers. I've got 360 saved up so far, and the airlines will probably charge $200 for changing the date on the ticket, and who knows how much they will want to charge for the bike. The damn suitcase with the DH frame and all tools, clothes, armor, etc weighs about 25 midget, which is basically 10 midget over the limit. If they want to charge... I won't have enough gas money to even leave my house without hitchhiking...

*fingers crossed...

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
bikenweed said:
*don't bother reading this, I'm venting...

whew, wish I had such simple problems... Right now I'm stressing that the 2 shocks in my backpack make it onto the airplane, and that the frame in my suitcase isn't confiscated, or the other frame and 4 wheels and all assorted parts for two bikes doesn't get destroyed by the baggage munkers. I've got 360 saved up so far, and the airlines will probably charge $200 for changing the date on the ticket, and who knows how much they will want to charge for the bike. The damn suitcase with the DH frame and all tools, clothes, armor, etc weighs about 25 midget, which is basically 10 midget over the limit. If they want to charge... I won't have enough gas money to even leave my house without hitchhiking...

*fingers crossed...
wow.
but just think how satisfied you'll be when it all works out.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
but back to the brake pads.

we've all been there.
brake pads.
mounting new intense tires on wheels in the hotel room the night before a race.
getting that STUPID SHIFTER CABLE to go through the shifter and housing and derailluer without fraying that one strand.

all forgotten though about two wheel revolutions into the run.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
we have all been there done that man. best way to deal with it is take a 10 min breather and just chillax. then stick your nose right back into it and that hopefully will solve it and you will be under way man. if that doesnt cure it another breather quick phone call and get one of your shop rat buds over there to help lol. good luck to ya man hope it all works out.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Dan, if you haven't gotten em in there call me and I'll tell you some ninja tricks.

-ska todd

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Take the spring and install both pads into it, pinch them together and slide the whole thing into the caliper together.

It's OK, I had a guy bring his bike back to my shop because he couldn't get his in.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
TWISTED said:
Take the spring and install both pads into it, pinch them together and slide the whole thing into the caliper together.

It's OK, I had a guy bring his bike back to my shop because he couldn't get his in.
Thats what I was doing. Its alright though, I got a buddy to help me and they are working now.