Quantcast

Down hill race in Palo Duro jan 25th

claywt

Chimp
Feb 26, 2003
canyon, tx
We have decided that the weather has been so nice here in the panhandle that we will be puting on a in two weeks its an outlaw dh with two classes 5$ entry top 3 places get the pot. nothing official just a fun get together. best non snow downhill anywhere lots of good courses and some big freeride drops. search the bourd for more info and pictures of the trail.

if you need any more info let me know

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
Thats awesome that yall are doin something over there.. My first 8footer was over there.. Hell yeah.. I wish I would have known sooner.. I will see if anyone here(el paso)wants to go.. We are having a Freeride gathering on February 21 2004.. www.roughriderracing.org ..
We have some sick trails as well.. Check it out.. I hope I can make it.. Who would I contact?
:evil:

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Last time, I was at P.D. Canyon, I was just getting into mountain bikes. This was about 4 years ago and I was XC and didn't look up very much while I was riding. I certainly was not looking for drops to tranny. I'll give you a shout here in a couple of months and come ride with ya.

joel

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
Hey,
Where is this place? Do we camp, hotel or what? I need directions and lodging info. nearest town etc..... Count me and a few buddies in if we can get directions!!!!

MackDaddy

Chimp
Dec 17, 2003
same for me. Yo Dirty cartel. when ya'll leaving. I will be leaving the Fort early Sat. AM. Hopefully there by noon. I think I will camp in the canyon.

Word

Mack

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
What up yall? Wish I could make the DH... Take lots of pics.. We have some crazy new trails and stunts.. I need to know whos comin.. I have a KEG of fat tire , but I need to get food.. Let me know.. What up to the DIRTIES!! What up to the Mack Daddy.. Yall gotta see our new stuff.. peace yall:evil:

claywt

Chimp
Feb 26, 2003
canyon, tx
hey guys sorry it took me so long to get back no comp at home, palo duro canyon is 10 miles east of canyon texas which is 15 miles south of amarillo once you get in the canyon go to the capitol peek parking lot. it would probly be best to stay in a hotel it still gets prity chilly at night but there is camping available because its in a state park.
if yall have any more questions you can give me a call at
808-777-5696

Maps

Canyon

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?
ed=M7tNO.p_0TqT&csz=canyon+texas&country=us

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/park/paloduro/feehtmlpdcp.htm#location

state park map

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/park/paloduro/pdcpfac.pdf

drift1492

Chimp
Mar 19, 2002
Do you guys know exactly how you are going to setup the course? Is it going to be on the trail with the animal bones where it crosses the easier trail (the one that is steep as hell at the top and then has that nice drop off the rock at the the end when it connects up to the easier trail) or is it going to be a little easier? ;) My trail descriptions suck....Maybe someone should put some signs out there and label them. :cool:

claywt

Chimp
Feb 26, 2003
canyon, tx
we are going to run it down the steep as hell part onto the easer trail for a ways then to a new steeper section

have you ridden out there in a while? we got a litle double and two cool tables at the top of the steep as hell section( official name is the getto) and later this week im putinga burm on the bottom to kick it out onto the regular trail. i had thought about running it down the other trail cuz i realy like that drop at the end but its kinda slow and has a lot of drops to flat so we dont rid it much any more. now right off the parking lot we have two nice 12ft to steep trany drops (actuly measured to top of trany no pinkbike stuff)

drift1492

Chimp
Mar 19, 2002
Originally posted by claywt
we are going to run it down the steep as hell part onto the easer trail for a ways then to a new steeper section

have you ridden out there in a while? we got a litle double and two cool tables at the top of the steep as hell section( official name is the getto) and later this week im putinga burm on the bottom to kick it out onto the regular trail. i had thought about running it down the other trail cuz i realy like that drop at the end but its kinda slow and has a lot of drops to flat so we dont rid it much any more. now right off the parking lot we have two nice 12ft to steep trany drops (actuly measured to top of trany no pinkbike stuff)
I was out there two weekends ago i think. I noticed the new section. Did it have a drop right after a turn at the beginning?
I have never hit that drop at the end of the the trail with the bones. I have only been out there about 3 times in the past 6 months with people who would actually want to push their bike up that trail with me. And that being the only difficult trail anywhere I'm a little rusty.

For those of you thinking about going out there, Ive been to Moab and this trail rates up in my top 2 ahead of a couple trails up there. This thing is a lot of fun when you ride it fast. Head up there, I'm sure you'll like it.

Also, do you know of the drop on capital peak with the white sign by it? How big would you say that is, cause thats probably the biggest I've gone out there (I dropped it not knowing how big it was and overshot the tranny...so it was a little humbling:eek: ).

I may head up there and watch you guys ride. I'm not sure if ill race, because I wont be used to my new slider and romic im puttin on my bike on friday, but it would be nice to see some people hit some of the stuff I cant.

drift1492

Chimp
Mar 19, 2002
This is one of the few pics ive actually stopped to take on that trail. Its that big bolder at the very end.

Attachments

MackDaddy

Chimp
Dec 17, 2003
So is the Dirty Cartel all bailed out and headed up to palo duro for the weekend.

can you get thrown in jail for ridding this trail?

i would like to ride but I can not afford to miss work monday b/c i'm in the paloduro jail.

Mack

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
There might be some people from El Pisshole comin over.. I wont be there cuz I gotta finish setting up here.. I will make it out there soon, my sis lives in Amarillo.. I dont mind spending the night in jail for a badass trail.. Yall should let us know a little earlier about the race.. How is access at palo duro? Will they let you build trail? On the other hand yall GOTTA see the new stuff goin at Roughrider Canyon.. :evil:

Attachments

claywt

Chimp
Feb 26, 2003
canyon, tx
nope no jail the park is cool about the trail they now its there and they have evan maped it its just not on the official map we still like to keep stuff quiet thogh. we have got a lot of older riders that are realy active in the sport (more xcish) but they have worked alot with the park and are constantly adding new trail.

yea i wish we could have put out more warning but we wanted to do a race in the spring and this was the only weekend we could get worked out that wouldnt conflict with the Elpaso race because i am still rying to make it down for that

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
:D Thats badass.. We will be there in the spring.. There will be a DH race here in April , I dont know exact dates , as son as I find out I will let you know.. Let us know also, we will get some people comin over there.. :evil:

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Keep in mind there is a DH race at Devils Den State Park in Arkansas on the weekend of April 3rd. Hopefully you wont have a race the same weekend!

joel

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
Originally posted by MackDaddy
So is the Dirty Cartel all bailed out and headed up to palo duro for the weekend.

can you get thrown in jail for ridding this trail?

i would like to ride but I can not afford to miss work monday b/c i'm in the paloduro jail.

Mack
no I don't think so. I have to deal with this she-it that just happend.

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
The Coyote Classic is that day as well .. April 3.. Just found out yesterday.. I wou
The coyote Classic is same day, April 3 at RCFP.. :dead: I would rather go to Palo Duro for a race.. Its not as far.. We are racing Amarillo?, Cloudcroft , Angelfire , Los Alamos , then we are headed to the rampage in october.. VIRGIN OR BUST!!! I gotsta go there..:evil: That was tha SHIZZNITZ!!!

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
MountainGoat,

Is the Coyote Classic the Rough Rider Canyon race?

Can you post a link or any information on the Cloudcroft and Los Alamos DH races?

Thanks!

joel