Quantcast

Downhill races?

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
So I'm trying my luck at downhill races this year and need to find some races to go to. I live north of Seattle, Washington so anything in that area would be sick.

I was thinking maybe you guys would know what races go down up here in the north, where they are, and when they are.

Thanks

P.S. I'd be racing beginner.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
spokane which is the beacon hill race may 19-20 ish. mt hood oregon races may 5, then like around the 15 of july then sround august 22, then september sometime and october sometime. willamette in oregon which i know nothing about, and there are some races in idaho, but if your going to drive that far, its closer to go to whistler. whistler has a wednesday race series thing. and yea thats about it in the "area"

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
oh sorry, no I didnt live in cali, I meant like they have more races there like CCCX, Seaotter, ect.

I know people who live down there and they get alot more chances for races.

Oh well, I suppose Ill make do. Thanks.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
the whole hood series(5 races 4 hours), beacon(1 race 4 hours), willamette(3 races I think) Norba(closest one is nor cal about 12-13 hours)

so, nothing too close, but there's 5 races within 4 hours which isn't bad. then crankworx

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Crankworx is way to big for me...lol

Id just be happy landing the jumps and pulling a "table top"

lol

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
well I really know nothing about the races then...other then what i've seen in movies.

:-/
im going to guess there difficult though.

ChelanDHer

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
I found that video on the beacon hill race, think that sums it up well? *both my sisters have an apartment in WAZU for college, so I have a place to stay*
Pullman is a pretty good jaunt from Spokane, about 70-80ish miles if I remember correctly. Doable, but you'd spend more money on gas than you would on a cheap hotel in Spokane. Buddy up with someone and go, split gas and a room. Best way to hit up the races, I did it many a time back when I was racing.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
well I really know nothing about the races then...other then what i've seen in movies.

:-/
im going to guess there difficult though.
its a line downhill. somewhere between 3-5 minutes ( i really dont know) and its all tables.

then enduro downhill, all the way from the top of the mountain down through garbonzo down frieght train i think and down the lower half till you get to the bottom which is about a 15min race.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
Air DH (race down A-line) 3:45-5 minutes

4X... it's a 4x race, usually fast and big. it snakes through and around the slopestyle course

Garbonzo/Enduro DH 15-18 minutes. Starts at the top ends at the bottom. No joke is where it starts out. Pretty fun course I must say.

Well actually for the 06 Crankworx, they opened up the event. So anyone could enter.
Did they? I'm pretty sure it was invite only, even for qualifiers.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
May 19-20. Practice 19th; racing Sun. the 20th. I'll get the flyer/entry form revised and up in a couple of weeks. Online registration will probably be on Active.com again. Will try to have that up and running about the same time frame.

I intend to do a much better job on publicity this year. In the meantime spread the word.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
everyone should just come together and do a Grand Ridge race, or even ones at Gailbraith. It just seems like there is so much potential for a kick ass race in the seattle area, but its wasted because there isn't really an organization dedicated to putting on quality events.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Do you really think racing in Seattle would work? I've been thinking of putting together something near Snoq/ North Bend Area. I've also talked to Crystal. I'm currently in talks with Cycle Cyndicate out of Aurora, CO. My cousin owns the company, they put on HUGE events in CO, UT, NM. Check them out http://www.Cyclecyndicate.com

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
muddy beast...

the garbo enduro dh is a freakin blast! last year people of all abilities were given'r up there and the smiles were HUGE. Figure 15 minutes or so from top to bottom.

this year for us, we will be trekking up for the island cup races, bear mtn race, and the kamloop races.

Should be a great riding seaons if this damn snow ever melts :P

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
Do you really think racing in Seattle would work? I've been thinking of putting together something near Snoq/ North Bend Area. I've also talked to Crystal. I'm currently in talks with Cycle Cyndicate out of Aurora, CO. My cousin owns the company, they put on HUGE events in CO, UT, NM. Check them out http://www.Cyclecyndicate.com
in short ...yes

let me know when, where, and if there is any shovel work to do.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
I have posted a listing of races near Seattle, or atleast semi-near WA area. I do plan on attending all of them. So if we need to get a few people together to car pool, I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee with Numerous bike racks. Split gas, lodging, food....... Its on. Check out my posting in "Racing forum/PNW racing."