Quantcast

DT FR Gravity rim = FR 570 rim?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Anyone know if these are the same?
All the specs match, size / width etc. I'm fairly sure they are identical rims but want to confirm.

Also maybe a long shot - but does anyone know if the rim is anodized like regular rims, with the graphics printed on? Or is the rim painted black and not anodized?

Want 570s but struggling to find them in stock at any reasonably priced (incl shipping outside US) mailorder places.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
My LBS said they are identical.
As far as I know DT never painted black rims, they were always anodized. Only other colors were paint.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Anyone know if these are the same?
All the specs match, size / width etc. I'm fairly sure they are identical rims but want to confirm.

Also maybe a long shot - but does anyone know if the rim is anodized like regular rims, with the graphics printed on? Or is the rim painted black and not anodized?

Want 570s but struggling to find them in stock at any reasonably priced (incl shipping outside US) mailorder places.
In regards to that particular rim I don't know, but the fr570 is not painted and the graphics are stickers.

I ordered from these cats last year when I could not find them in stock in the US anywhere (or any DH worthy 650b wheel for that matter).

http://www.bikestacja.pl/en/rim-dt-swiss-fr-570-27-5-black-32h-33490.html

I paid $73.21 per wheel including shipping, which was about equal to the pricing I was able to find in the US.

I only made the one order through them, so I don't know if they are consistently good, but they were good the one time I ordered from them and followed up 24 hours after I paid with tracking information.