Quantcast

Dt Seaaaaattlllleeee

BoomSplat

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
maplevalley
O.k!!

I have a thought, what about having a freeride race in dt seattle? Clearing it with the city then setting up a course , maybe from broadway to the water front. I spoke to my friends at a certain energy drink, they said they would help out. Anyone else down?? I know it would be hard getting the city in. But if I can get the help of some monkey's then anything is possible. Thanks

BoomSplat :devil:

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
I'd race. i know some other guys who'd be willing to race too. i was actually talking about something like that with one of my buddies a couple weeks back. we should try and get the city in on that. do it at night so we wouldn't have to worry so much about traffic. that would be so rad.

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
bike messengers have been doing this for a long time. without clearing anything with the city. the cops, Metro buses, drunk drivers, women in expensive cars and fear taxi cab drivers are the main obstical.

If someone gets it set up i will race. but good luck getting the city to go along with it.

i say do it messenger style!

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
that would be kick ass..... i dunno about falling going that fast on pavement (cause i KNOW i would) tho....

i had my bike dt about a year ago, and was hauling ass down one of the hills, and hopped at the end of the intersection where it starts to go down again, and launched stupid far. scared the crap outta myself and never did it again. :)

BoomSplat

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
maplevalley
It would be a closed course on a sat. hay bails on the sides, maybe a car to jump over. The energy company will supply the car. But I will post more later, gotta get the ball rolln ........... :devil:

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
Originally posted by toughguymagee
I dont see the city going along with it but you never know. If it passes, I will help out and race.
It can happen! Don't forget that they had street ludge races down Denny Way about 6 years back that was on ESPN. The last bicycle messenger world cup was in down town with roped off streets ect.
Someone I know is a nurse that was a first aid helper at the event. Running races and more happen all the time. Start with the city parks and events department first, find money from businesses. The big hurdle is not going to be the city it will be the money, security, and INSURANCE that will be hard.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
This is second hand info, but that race was a free for all as well. Meaning people just rode whatever route to get to the finish line (rat race). So perhaps an established course might sound better to city officials. ya never know unless you try.