Quantcast

Dual Slalom course in Smithville???

Crash_Tested

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
wCo
Anyone know of a Dual Slalom course in Smithville? I heard rumors of one and just wanted to know if they are indeed true and if so can someone throw the low-down on such a place.
Thanks.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
This is kind of one out there. I think it has been neglected quite a bit in the past months. Mostly is just a series of jumps. Pretty cool. Here's a picture of one of the doubles...

northshorerat

Monkey
Oct 7, 2001
there is indeed a course in smithville. and it is an alright course but it is a dangerous course and a lot of people have be injuredby it. the reason. it was built by a non rider who rarely took anyones suggestions in to the construction of the ****hole. i myself have messed up myshoulder and blewout my acl on the damn thing. the place has some bad mojo. i dont plan on riding there anytime soon.

mcdurly1

Chimp
Dec 8, 2001
Austin, TX
you can say what you want about the course, but the person that built the course is definately a rider. How sure are you about being a rider. the good lord knows I have tried to get you to ride in the past and you never accept. will you go ride now? I want you to come ride and bring all of your buddies.

northshorerat

Monkey
Oct 7, 2001
now i know that paul lucciano had a hand in the construction, but it was bill that build the damn thing and ive never seen him ride. let me correct that the one time that i did him ride, it was all rollers.

oh and we send out plenty of invites for people to ride and there are never any takers, trialsmasta aside. the only monkeys ive rode with are the baton rouge monkeys.

Originally posted by northshorerat
now i know that john lucciano had a hand in the construction, but it was bill that build the damn thing and ive never seen him ride. let me correct that the one time that i did him ride, it was all rollers.

ummm, it's Paul, not John and he played a big part in the construction of the course the second year, as did many riders. I know Ray, Brian, and I did our share of shovel work out there. I thought it was a pretty good course for texas, even though I suckked on it :D .

northshorerat

Monkey
Oct 7, 2001
i see that typo now. for the life of me i can think of why i said john, oh well. i know the dirtworkz.com riders put more soul in to that course. i still say there is a bad vibe to that place.

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Originally posted by corytx
there is a little bit of a bad vibe there. did you go to the race when ray came off the tree gap and ended up in the crowd of people? is the warda course built back up? I never got to ride that one because of the rain/flood.

ah yes, the great warda flood of a few years back. all i remember is the keg of fat tire we heisted mission impossible style and wild turkey with rob. that course sucked anyway.

smithville was really cool though. i really enjoyed racing out there. rubbin is racin.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
XC rode at Smithville on my 36lb Kona Scab HT this weekend and the DS course is disappearing quickly. The weeds have completely grown over the lower section. Can't even seen the take offs anymore. :(