Quantcast

Dual Slalom Rides

Gopher

Monkey
Aug 26, 2007
Spokane WA
Mine...turner 4x w/ 36 talas at 4 inches, I9s, etc...somewhere right around 30 lbs. I use it for basically everything I don't ride my DH bike for.

Hell yah i love seeing talas's on these little bikes i dont even have a dh bike anymore i only ride my little tazer :) Plus that burner is amazing

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
the yetis are sex, the turner is sex, short travel fs frames are often sex it seems. i've wanted a yeti 4x for so long, seeing that one makes me want one that much more, gorgeous bike.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
those two yeti's are the only single pivots that i've ever lusted for. god those are beautiful bikes/builds

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i love that one with the zoke 4x up front, looks light and pretty. the thing i love about the yetis is the versatility, i borrowed a friends for a day in whistler so i wouldn't have to ride the unbelievably crappy kona rentals, and the bike rode everything well, i was able to hit garbo on it no problem, which was surprising.

quickfeet18

Chimp
Oct 21, 2007
This is what i have for the mountain states cup this year, I use it as my dj also but I will put a front brake on it and more aggressive tires for racing. I can't decide if maxxis larsons will be enough for ds and mx or if I should try and find something even more aggressive...

oh I will also be putting on a xtr shifter and gears for racing

the bandanna is a temporary fix for the disc brake line

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
the advantage will be avail. in a 2.35 next year
I ran a 2.1 advantage rear and super tacky 2.35 mobster upfront
I will go Advantage front and rear 2.35 - they are fast light and grippy!

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i've liked my wtb mutano raptors in the 2.4 size for most jumping and ds stuff. they're light and are very very high volume. they aren't actually a 2.4, more like a 2.2 or 2.3. i might try the advantages in the 2.35, i wanted to get them but i didn't because they had only been produced in the 2.1.

Rover Nick

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
What is the geo like on the turner 4x's? Specifically the TT length, BB height, wheelbase, CS length and HA?

Thanks

brocelif

Chimp
Oct 28, 2006
Canyon Cycles (in Colorado) hooked me up with a new Commencal 4x. Last year I rode a Blur 4x, which I loved as an all around bike. However, it was not quite as focused as the Commencal Meta 4x. The Commencal is super low and short and corners like mad. It weighs about 30 lb.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
Canyon Cycles (in Colorado) hooked me up with a new Commencal 4x. Last year I rode a Blur 4x, which I loved as an all around bike. However, it was not quite as focused as the Commencal Meta 4x. The Commencal is super low and short and corners like mad. It weighs about 30 lb.
Nice Mike! Lookin' good! Sweet build!

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Here's my slalom rig from '07.

and she's up for grabs for anyone interested :spam: SOLD

-ska todd

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
Just wondering, what width bars does everyone run, for example in comparison to downhill bikes. Same size? Inch shorter? Something about my sovereign (DS bike) feels squirrelly and i think it may have to do with the bars

Sep 20, 2007
Champaign, IL
Here's my question.... I built up a Dobermann Pinscher as mainly a dirt/park bike. I was wanting to run it SS and currently am.

Can you be competitive at all running a SS bike? (I am in the midwest so don't get to race a ton of dual/4X.) I wanted kind of an all around bike. Would I be better off going to a 1X9 setup? What kind of guides would I be looking at for a setup on profile cranks without mounts on my frame?

The fork is a slammed 4X that I can always put stock internals in if I am planning on doing a serious amount of racing at a given time.

Thoughts? You can PM me if you don't think the reply belongs in this thread.

Thanks

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I can play now! 07 Tazer w/ pushed vanilla coil and argyle 302. Soon to be replaced by a 36. Shes a little portly but Ill get her lighter one of these days. 34lbs....

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
take off the cranks, wheels and fork and swap for lighted parts and you may have a sub 32 lb ride.