Quantcast

Dual Suspension 4x Frame Geometry

isaacchdh

Chimp
Jan 19, 2007
Wich is the best Dual Suspension 4x and DS frame geometry?
What bike travel (front and rear) is the best?
Im trying to build some sick 4x and DS bike :)

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
The new Soul Cycles matador will be available early February. It is a 5" travel bike designed around a 5" fork....Redical on here helped design it. He will know exact specs on it. Final pricing hasnt been set due to Manitou being bought by Hayes Brakes, and the transition is taking a little while. You will have your choice of shock with the frame. Keep checking ridesoul.com for more updates.
Adam

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Santa Cruz Blur 4x, Specialized SX, Morewood Ndiza ST, Giant Trance, Ironhorse MKIII, Transition Double, Yeti 4x, etc. all make good bikes depending on your style and what other kinds of riding you plan on doing.

isaacchdh

Chimp
Jan 19, 2007
Santa Cruz Blur 4x, Specialized SX, Morewood Ndiza ST, Giant Trance, Ironhorse MKIII, Transition Double, Yeti 4x, etc. all make good bikes depending on your style and what other kinds of riding you plan on doing.
im going to use it for 4x DS and some trail riding

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Look at the Giant Trance, IH MKIII, Blur 4X, Morewood (although trail riding voids warranty), and Commencal Meta 4X.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Did you sell that bike? For some reason I thought you replaced it with something else.

What shock size is on there? It looks slacker than normal. If it is, how does it ride and does the DW-link design work well with it too?

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
ive got a blur 4x that ive been riding for a couple months now, its great for trailriding if your not doing serious downhill, it will rail every berm the geo is dialed on that bike, great for 4x because it can have a stiff rear end, if you get one get a talas rlc for sure for the front fork, its really nice having the adj travel.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Can you post a pic of your bike Foggy? I've been thinking about one for a trail bike, and I want to see your setup. At 6' with huge arms will the large be OK?

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
guy who I bought my bike off of was 6', but he likes smaller bikes (semi pro racer) heres a pic from a couple months ago
i got rid of that stupid tire in the front.

06 talas rlc
fox rp3
juicy 5's
x-9
e 13 drs
721's laced to hope pro 2 hubs
wtb lazer v or sumtin like that
thompson seat post
thompson x4 50mm stem
Easton ea70 bars,
odi rogue grips
wtb moto raptors (awesome tires no matter what people say)

this is a medium, I dont know im 5-8 and this feels great so its really your choice of weather you like small or large bikes

Jul 1, 2006
Chicago
Did you sell that bike? For some reason I thought you replaced it with something else.

What shock size is on there? It looks slacker than normal. If it is, how does it ride and does the DW-link design work well with it too?
No, I didn't sell it. I built up a Cannondale 4x, but kept the MKIII frame and fork to build up a jumper/fun bike. The fork in the pic is a 140mm Nixon, and it works great with the MKIII. I think the shock is a 7.5x2.

The DW link seems to work fine. Honestly, I don't have a lot of time on that frame.

Chip

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
May I ask how much you payed?
06 talas rlc- got frame and fork for 1000
fox rp3
juicy 5's- 300
x-9-115 with shifters
e 13 drs- I dunno how much
721's laced to hope pro 2 hubs- 600 aprox