Quantcast

duathlon wear

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
a local shop held a duathlon this year and ufornutanatly i was working that day so I missed it but im game for next year, and upon mentioning it to a Triathalete frine of mine he said i should buy a tri suit. as regular spandex bike shorts are too padded and feel "bulky" to run in, and bike jerseys dont let enough air through at running speed so you will overheat ( its gets up to 105*F here and its very dry)

the prolme I have is do i want to spend $150 on an item of sports wear thats only good for a couple kinds of events?

plus every tri suit ive looked at is sleveless, I just hate the feel of no sleves for some reason

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Are you planning on racing Du's frequently? The two I did I just used my regular bike stuff and it was fine. Of course, I was looking to motor on the bike and just do the run for fun.

I wouldn't buy a tri-suit unless I was going to race du's and tri's regularly. The flip side is when are you going to use a skinsuit besides races?

You could buy a pair of tri shorts, with minimal padding and usually a little higher on the leg. At least you can use them for other things. You could just buy a running singlet (get it tight for biking) and it would do the same thing as a tri suit.

I believe the tri suits are designed for long distance biking and running (3-5 hours). Just like bib shorts, the fit is superior because the shorts do not sag. But unless you are a top triathlete, the other benefit of improved aerodynamics are not exactly important.