Quantcast

Dum question

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
SkaredShtles said:
Gross before. Net after.

Think how gross it is that you could've had all that money if the gummint hadn't hoarked 30% of it............. :D

-S.S.-
30%..... more like 45% :mumble:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
SkaredShtles said:
Dude! That's impressive. What's the cause?

-S.S.-
I am curious too. :rolleyes:

Did you change anything else? It is damn near impossible to have that happen.....as far as only a pay increase/tax issue. There needs to be something else going on.

If there isn't educate me....if you don't know for sure it is your right to know ask your payroll manager.

Rhino

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
RhinofromWA said:

Did you change anything else? It is damn near impossible to have that happen.....as far as only a pay increase/tax issue. There needs to be something else going on.

If there isn't educate me....if you don't know for sure it is your right to know ask your payroll manager.

Rhino
Haven't found out yet. I asked payroll to look into it for me...she said she would. That was about 3 months ago.
I wasn't sure if this is possible, but I was thinking that my raise was just enough to pop me into the next tax bracket...just a guess, I don't really know how that stuff works.

And no, I didn't change any of my profit sharing, withholdings, etc. Left it all exactly the same.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
RhinofromWA said:

Rhino

Sounds like he got bumped to a new tax bracket.

KrusteeButt said:
Haven't found out yet. I asked payroll to look into it for me...she said she would. That was about 3 months ago.
I wasn't sure if this is possible, but I was thinking that my raise was just enough to pop me into the next tax bracket...just a guess, I don't really know how that stuff works.

And no, I didn't change any of my profit sharing, withholdings, etc. Left it all exactly the same.
take an old pay stub and a new pay stub and enter them into paycheckcity.com - they are usually accurate within a couple of dollars. If you still can't figure it out, pm me.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
KrusteeButt said:
Ah! I was actually about to PM you with this thread to see if you'd have any insight. I'll try to get to that this weekend, let you know what it comes up with.
Thanks! :thumb:
Actually, payroll agreed to send me 100 dollars of your raise every month. Thanks to them for that.

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
Ridemonkey said:
Actually, payroll agreed to send me 100 dollars of your raise every month. Thanks to them for that.
Don't I deserve a free T-shirt or something? For the amount of money that I've apparently be giving you, maybe you should just hand that "Hope Mono M4" over. :sneaky:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Ridemonkey said:
You owe me some beers then. Support the unemployed. :thumb:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Tenchiro said:
Sounds like he got bumped to a new tax bracket.
It wouldn't all go to taxes....everything else being equal.

something else is changed....I suspect. I even tried the paycheckcity.com thing and it didn't eat up the paycheck when I jumped tax brackets either.

Moving to the next tax bracket will not eat up a entire raise.....only buy the rate of the new tax rate....at the most.

so 200 * 33% would be an extra $66 in taxes....plus local/state income tax (usually small) and some increase in Medicare and Social Security (will not even touch the the extra $134 sitting there from his raise....all things being the same except a raise.