Quantcast

Duryea RollCall!

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
I will be there. Got my Plane ticket and bags are packed. Keep the crash cam on me. I have not been on a bike since The Bear Creek Mac Finals. Should provide some good footage. Come to think of it, Where is my bike???

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
no racing for me this year... i won't give a dime for an expert license and i have to save up for a 2 week BC trip anyways. :cheers:

i might show up to a few events to pay and not race though... :lighten:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
no racing for me this year... i won't give a dime for an expert license and i have to save up for a 2 week BC trip anyways. :cheers:

i might show up to a few events to pay and not race though... :lighten:
Thats basically my thinking of the year....

I've ALWAYS wanted to do the Duryea thing, so i'm racing that one, but really I'm just going to ride the trail!

I'll race Massanutten because..... well, just because! And that's probably it for me this year. Maybe a SS race, but with the current state of things I doubt it. My plan is to get a season pass up there, and just ride, ride, RIDE! I'll also be making some trips to Harrisonburg and possibly Wintergreen as well.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
I've ALWAYS wanted to do the Duryea thing, so i'm racing that one, but really I'm just going to ride the trail!

I'll race Massanutten because..... well, just because! And that's probably it for me this year. Maybe a SS race, but with the current state of things I doubt it. My plan is to get a season pass up there, and just ride, ride, RIDE! I'll also be making some trips to Harrisonburg and possibly Wintergreen as well.
hmmm... is duryea worth paying $60 for just to ride? how efficient are the shuttles? i don't want to race, but i always want to ride somewhere new. i'd have to "register" sport to make it cheap (because of NORBA), but would my registration spontaneously combust if i did that? :brow:

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
a am one. just got home an hour ago. give me time and ill throw some stuff up. I will have a thread in the south america section with the photos. just leave your plate number, bike make, and anything that makes you stick out from the rest and ill try finding your picture. i do not have any begginner due to i was one.

theg1ant

Monkey
Oct 20, 2006
Atlanta
a am one. just got home an hour ago. give me time and ill throw some stuff up. I will have a thread in the south america section with the photos. just leave your plate number, bike make, and anything that makes you stick out from the rest and ill try finding your picture. i do not have any begginner due to i was one.
Oh your the guy on the sunday right? Yeah you probalby missed me. I think i was a few people ahead of you in the start lineup.
the race sucked from an organizational perspective
The course kicked ass but i agree with you, the people working the timing equipment were noware near competent. They didnt have an emt there either. My friend ended up having to go around asking for medical supplies to fix his cuts from a wreck.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Plate 183, White and Orange jersey, Yeti ASX. And did you say your going to post them in the South America section??

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
The course kicked ass but i agree with you, the people working the timing equipment were noware near competent. They didnt have an emt there either. My friend ended up having to go around asking for medical supplies to fix his cuts from a wreck.
Well I did think it took too long to figure out the times, but You obviously didn't go to last years Capital Cup. People waited until like 6:00PM and finally just left.

I guess their reasoning behind the ambulance was since the race was in the city then the ambulance could be there in like 5 minutes.

theg1ant

Monkey
Oct 20, 2006
Atlanta
Well I did think it took too long to figure out the times, but You obviously didn't go to last years Capital Cup. People waited until like 6:00PM and finally just left.

I guess their reasoning behind the ambulance was since the race was in the city then the ambulance could be there in like 5 minutes.
Yeah i was at the capitol cup and yes that was way longer. I understand not having an ambulance but it might be nice to have a place to clean your wounds out without having to call an ambulance if you wreck. I dunno, just my $.02

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
number 122. black shirt and shorts, blue tld helmet, red adidas goggles, red demo 8 with a fox 40 and yellow deemaxes. Thanks

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Yeah i was at the capitol cup and yes that was way longer. I understand not having an ambulance but it might be nice to have a place to clean your wounds out without having to call an ambulance if you wreck. I dunno, just my $.02

I am not sure how many downhill races you or your friend have done but if the cut was bad enough to need stiches then either use super glue or go to the hospital.....if it didnt need stiches then just suck it up and keep riding. And this is coming from someone who crashes harder than most!

You may want to save your $.02 so you can buy your buddy some band aids!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
do you have any pics of me?

I was wearing what looked to be a diaper, and a diablo trail crew belly shirt
He said something that would make you stick out from the crowd :rolleyes: ;)

Seriously man, I saw you up top with the belly shirt, but when I was down at the bottom and you came across with no pants, I almost lost it!

(P.S. I was 245, clown strapped to the front of my bike)

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I had a great time at Reading!

It's not everyday to be able to ride a real DH course and finish a couple blocks from a city downtown. (Where there was a hospital and a drug store :lighten: ) The course was a lotta fun, I just wish I was in better shape for the pedal sections.

Thanks to the Reading Racing crew for letting us play in your backyard!!

I was #302 on a red M1 for the photos. I was going real slow so you could get a good picture of me!

Mike

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
i thought it was a well-run event. joe mullaly did a great job up top getting everyone set up. fred and the rest of the reading racing crew worked their asses off for this one and i definitely appreciate it. my only comment, maybe next year 3 trucks on saturday then 5/6 running for sunday.