Quantcast

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Let's see. I loved every DHR I owned from 02-05, 4 frames of absolute bliss that got better and better! Then I had to switch to a Demo due to shop issues. Then I switched to a Sunday in 07 when moving to a different dealer. I haven't had an issue with a frame in years. But I loved every second I rode for Turner and the quality of the frames, the service and the people made me miss them when I went to the big S.

I loved the ride of my Sunday and the new school geometry. Now...I don't know what I gotta do to get that bike, but I'm going to do my dead level best. My favorite ride quality combined with my favorite people and craftsmanship...yeah, that's the exciting part. I could give a hoot less what it looks like. Go Dave I . Go Dave II.

The Butch rests!
Butch - this one's for you:

:biggrin:

Nice ride... let's hope they come in "Sano White"... (rememeber that color from Redline back in the mid 80's during the Freestyle craze?) :biggrin:

MrPlow

Monkey
Sep 9, 2004
Toowoomba Queensland
these forums are great for that purpose. sit back and laugh as you watch the kids hype up rumors. and then laugh again when the truth pops up a tiny bit early.
And then laugh again watching all the "insiders" spruke about how they knew about it since 2006.:banana:

So DW, Question about the DHR pivots. Damn close together, no concern about flex / leverage / bearing failure??

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Fck me. I go to bed, get up this morning and have to trawl through a 6 page (I up the posts per page count) pile of sniveling tripe to extract the few good pieces of information that is actually in this thread.

Now I'm not as clued up as some of you lads when it comes to linkages etc, but I want to know how these two bikes are seen as identical:

dirtdigger

Monkey
Mar 18, 2007
N.zud
And then laugh again watching all the "insiders" spruke about how they knew about it since 2006.:banana:

So DW, Question about the DHR pivots. Damn close together, no concern about flex / leverage / bearing failure??
Yeah looks like there would be a high amount of leverage there.
also the angel of the shock and driving link/rocker looks a little odd?

but I'm sure the suspension will go up and down like every other bike??

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
Originally Posted by jonKranked:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaand here comes a 15 page thread...
Nostradamus is that you?

I can't believe it took 14 default pages before someone said it looks flexy. :disgust1:

The bike industry truly understands the meaning of marketing.

Last edited:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Yeah looks like there would be a high amount of leverage there.
also the angel of the shock and driving link/rocker looks a little odd?

but I'm sure the suspension will go up and down like every other bike??
pfft...

Obviously you haven't seen dw's anti-gravity system which uses a shock filled with dark matter and a damping rod fashioned in the pits of Vallhalla wielded by the mighty Thor.

Udi once tried to open it up to adjust the shim stack and almost got turned into a wedge of Velveeta from just looking at it.

True story.

So basically the anti-gravity suspension will work like quantum mechanics: it could be in this box OR the other box, but until you look in one of the boxes it's in both boxes. Kind of like Phillip Michael Thomas - 'could be anywhere.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
I am sorry to say but these bikes don't impress me much. Beside the DHR they look pretty IHish but not in a good way.

At least the DHR does not look similiar to the sundy, but it looks a bit strange to me.

Will i replace my sundy with the DHR? Nope. Will i follow the DW Link hype blindly? Nope.

2010 will be the year to wait, new Glory, new Sunday and that sick mondraker bike.

lumpygravy

Chimp
Sep 4, 2008
Couldn't think of a better company to get the licence.

I would suggest that those of you who focus on the aesthetics, rather than focusing on celebrating the fusion of two highly respected and successful engineers, perhaps spend more time looking at there bikes than than riding them.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria

I would suggest that those of you who focus on the aesthetics, rather than focusing on celebrating the fusion of two highly respected and successful engineers, perhaps spend more time looking at there bikes than than riding them.
Why should i celebrate that? IMO the IH and Ibis DW Link bikes look way better and don't be afraid I ride a lot:brows:

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Why should i celebrate that? IMO the IH and Ibis DW Link bikes look way better and don't be afraid I ride a lot:brows:
Because of all the companies that could have licensed the dw-link Turner is one of the most dependable and solid. It could have easily gone to a company that would have p!ssed it away as Iron Horse did.

emrs0414

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
Sorry, i'm gonns start my first reply with a point in fact, at least as far as i can see....

I dont think i can stand much more of this friggin' Sweet, Stoked, Rad, Sick attitude to what is nothing more than a complete line of new Iron Horses with a different sticker,
Anyone who pays 1 penny more than they would for ANY Iron Horse from the last few years needs thier bumps feelin' i cant belive the crap that Turner is pedaling here, they havent even made an effort to differentiate from Iron Horse.

On the other hand, Its money for old rope, pay a license fee and run with a design that works, charge everyone for your name and a bit of bottom bracket CNC'ing hey presto your brand is re-born on the coat tails and the succes of another one.
Ladies and ladies, its TE !!! Wheeeee..... :banana:

lumpygravy

Chimp
Sep 4, 2008
I see, so if Turner sacrificed aesthetics for performance, then you would be happy?

:bonk:

I'm not denying aesthetics aren't important, but it seems some are placing aesthetics above the pedigree of these two engineers and their past performance. Is that not a little shallow?

Last edited:

SPDR

Monkey
Apr 21, 2006
Engerland
I'm sure it'll ride great and the build quality will be excellent as usual but I am intrigued to know why the shock has been moved to the mud collecting position? How long are the shock bushings going to last when they're constantly getting covered in cr@p?

The Sunday was an almost perfect peice of packaging in terms of where to put the shock both for weight distribution and mud protection - this looks errrr different.

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand

Neither could I, Turner and DW both rock, but that has nothing to so with aesthetics or the amount of time one spends riding. Its an opinion of taste and nothing more.

emrs0414

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
now this quote is sounding soooo true...

"Man, this is bad for TE. The movement to DW by Turner & used by other well respected companies; DW's move from IH, and IH licensing ICT from Ells, makes ICT look like the sewage ghetto suspension now."

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
the top tube looks normal to high when it looks to could have had a low standover height.
can someone guess ... the linkage doesnt look like a DW link to me.

back when this thread was a suck-off contest, on page 4 i commented that the DHR didnt look like a DW link bike. It still looked like a DHR. how is that possible ?

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
I see, so if Turner sacrificed aesthetics for performance, then you would be happy?

:bonk:

I'm not denying aesthetics aren't important, but it seems some are placing aesthetics above the pedigree of these two engineers and their past performance. Is that not a little shallow?
There are companies out there where performance and aesthetics come together - whatever. You like it, i don't; you buy one and i won't - easy as that

lumpygravy

Chimp
Sep 4, 2008
Neither could I, Turner and DW both rock, but that has nothing to so with aesthetics or the amount of time one spends riding. Its an opinion of taste and nothing more.
In my post I am referring to the tendency of the vast majority to focus on aesthetics above other qualities being offered by this frame.

I don't really give a rats ass if people think its pretty or not, but rather the fact that they wont buy a bike (particularly of this potential calibre) cos it isn't pretty.

But yes it is all opinion, and it is the opinion of many that a bike must be pretty first of all.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Butch - this one's for you:

:biggrin:

Nice ride... let's hope they come in "Sano White"... (rememeber that color from Redline back in the mid 80's during the Freestyle craze?) :biggrin:
hah hah. Like I've said before, Greg called us right before he shipped that bike to me. He said Dvae didn't want to send them to us b/c it was the best looking bike & paint they'd ever done. :thumb:

You almost made me weep I loved that bike so much.

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
S&M would have named that dh frame U.A.F

If they want to compete aginst bikes like the Intense M6, the asthetics will be important.
Nobody buys a Ferrari just for the performance.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
dw is just some nerd kid on this forum right? I think dropmachine has some thoughts on the types of women he'd be satisfying...

and no doubt having a dw-link bike has given me the same uncanny abilities, i'm chatting with hottie516 right now

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
In my post I am referring to the tendency of the vast majority to focus on aesthetics above other qualities being offered by this frame.

I don't really give a rats ass if people think its pretty or not, but rather the fact that they wont buy a bike (particularly of this potential calibre) cos it isn't pretty.

But yes it is all opinion, and it is the opinion of many that a bike must be pretty first of all.

Damn right I wouldn't buy a bike of that caliber if it isn't pretty. as long as there acontinue to be equally good designs at the same price that don't make my eyes bleed I will reserve the right to be picky.

I predict the the Giant Gloryday will be the hot ticket in 2010 for just this reason (and it will be cheaper too).