Quantcast

dw link

Pow pow

Chimp
Nov 18, 2003
Scotland
Right. First I would like to say sorry as I am sure this has been done before many times, I searched but could not find anything on it.
What I want to know is how does it work?
It looks simmilar to a blur, which is the same idea as a v10, am I on the right lines here at all?
I am considering one of the 05 DH bikes as my next bike and would like to know the theory behind it.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
soo... it has a "tuned axle path" (the axle does not rotate on a fixed pivot - not unlike the vpp design). how do the two designs differ (& how does the dw avoid patent infringement w/ the vpp design)? does the vpp patent only define a specific axle path ie, an "s" shape, rather than the dw's "c" shape? what performance variances are chracteristic of the two different axle paths? hmmm...

Pow pow

Chimp
Nov 18, 2003
Scotland
Thank you, but I still have a couple of questions.
It sounds a bit like the vpp idea where pedaling counteracts the normal tendancy to bob, My little brother rode a v10 for quite a while and he found that when pedaling heavly through rock gardens and the like the suspention did not work as well as when you stayed off the power, It stiffened up as when he pedaled the rear was trying to get back to its 4" sag point at the same time as taking many hard hits. does this happen with the dw link also?

Also the website does not mention braking much. Does the dw link minimise brake squat like the current iron horse bikes do (Using a horst link)?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The VPP design only applies to the S -shaped axle path of the VPP design. Karpiels and Canfields both use the same design as VPP and DW-link - solid rear end moving on two linkage plates.

DW's not talking that much about this design because of possible patent issues. He indicated that it was fairly neutral under braking...