Quantcast

East coast mountains

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
I'm looking for mountains on the east coast that have lift access during the week. So far the only one i know of is Snowshoe. Anything in eastern canada works too(Bromont?)

Tom Church

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Beacon, NY
There is Plattekill in Upstate NY, Mountain Creek in NJ (which holds the US-Open), Killington is decent but very technical and out may have to pedal.

There's Mt. Snow which holds the Nationals, and a few more...

Tom

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by Tom Church
There is Plattekill in Upstate NY, Mountain Creek in NJ (which holds the US-Open), Killington is decent but very technical and out may have to pedal.

There's Mt. Snow which holds the Nationals, and a few more...

Tom
Thanks but platty is not open midweek(I'm there almost every weekend). I don't think mountain creek is either. I'm not sure about the rest.

Bueller? Bueller?

Midweek lift access riding? Even a place that is open on friday?

Mar 27, 2004
I'm pretty sure nobody is going to be open midweek for another month or so. Of the mtns listed on this thread so far, Bromont is the only one I cant say definitively will NOT be open midweek until late June/Early July. If you find someplace that does PLEASE post it!

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by HippieShredder
I'm pretty sure nobody is going to be open midweek for another month or so. Of the mtns listed on this thread so far, Bromont is the only one I cant say definitively will NOT be open midweek until late June/Early July. If you find someplace that does PLEASE post it!
Cool. i'm looking into it for july anyway. I was going to whistler but lack of fundage and friends backing out nixed that one. I'm trying to plan road trip for the week of the 18-24 and want to hit 2-3 different mountains.

MMike, MSA?

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Bumpity bumping bump

I'll try agian, What east coast mountains have lift access midweek(as in thursday). Is snowshoe the only answer?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Lexx I came hope from a GREAT trip to Snowshoe last night for the opening weekend and had a blast. If you want to here more about it let me know. Its good riding and the crew that runs the mountain bike park at the nicest people and they have done a great job.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Jiminy Peak in the Berkhires will offer lift assisted riding this year as well.:cool:

From their web site:

Jiminy Peak offers the most extensive lift-served mountain biking in the Berkshires. Some experience with mountain biking is recommended, and the trails are both single track and downhill cruisers. The Grand Slam chairlift will operate from 11am to 6pm on weekends through June 13 and daily beginning June 19. The Berkshire Express chairlift to the summit will operate from noon to 5pm, Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays, beginning June 26th. Mountain biking hours are from 11am to dusk. Helmets are required.

Mountain Bike rentals are available at Jiminy this year. Please check out mountain bike rentals for more information.

There are miles of beginner to expert trails for mountain bikers in Berkshire County. The Pittsfield State Forest has 12 trails that extend over 50 miles. These mountain bike trails can easily be reached from the summit of Jiminy Peak, via the Berkshire Express. Or you can drive to the Pittsfield State Forest parking area off Route 20 in Pittsfield and bike in from there.

The Taconic Crest Trail offers fifteen miles of biking challenges for the medium to advanced rider. To reach the Taconic Crest Trail, take Route 2 through Williamstown to the marked parking area and follow the signs.

Holiday Farms, located on Cottage Road in Dalton, Massachusetts holds weekly Mountain Bike Races every Wednesday night. There is a fee of $7, racing begins at 6:30 p.m. and all abilities are welcome. Holiday Farms can be reached at 413-684-0444.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
How far is MSA from Bromont?(to lazy to search, no lazy stoner comments MMike:angry: )

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Good stuff. I think we're going to do the quebec thing. That way we can hit msa and bromont. Anybody know if tremblant is still doing DH? It would be cool to hit two or three mountains and I'm sure the baby bunny selection is better in Quebec:D

Roachmeister

Chimp
Sep 13, 2001
Canada. Great White North
Nope, Tremlant hasn't allowed biking in over 2 years i think...Too bad, it was a cool place to spend the weekend riding and partying...they only allow biking for the Quebec Cup and Canada Cup...

You've got to head to the Old Quebec City for some great food and beer! Oh, and bunnies too...:p :devil:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
After June 18, Whiteface Mountain outside of Lake Placid, NY does lifts every day. Not a bad place: steep, cheap (20 bux?) and has a lot of semi-technical singletrack. No man made obstacles but a few drops.

Gore Mountain in North Creek, NY begins weekday lifts in July I think. Not bad but short.

West Mountain in Glens Falls, NY MAY have weekday lift hours but I'm not sure.

Mount Snow has weekend lifts now and after July 4 weekend will do weekday lifts.

hope that helps!

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Attitash is open weekends now, but I *think* that I read that they'll be open mid-week in another month or so. I just read some trail reviews on bustedspoke.com that were very good, and they have a high-speed quad. What direction would you be coming from? Attitash is only ~<1/2 hour from I-93, but there are faster ways to get there if you are coming from Boston. I think its in Bartlett, NH.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Originally posted by Jim Mac
West Mountain in Glens Falls, NY MAY have weekday lift hours but I'm not sure.
You'd be lucky if they open for the weekend. Last summer they didn't offer weekday lift hours and closed a month early (Labor Day instead of Columbus Day). They were supposed to open Memorial Day and have yet to open (not even for this weekend and they aren't sure if they will open next weekend or not).

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by eastcoastzigzag
u NEED to ride a weekend at platty and diablo/mt creek. if ur comin east, u cant miss them.
:think: I ride at platty every sunday(well almost) So since i live an hour south of albany i don't know if you would say I'm comin east :D

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by heikkihall
Whiteface! Starting in 2 weeks they are open 7 days a week from 9-4. Fun Trails and quite long!
Yeah, I'll be hitting that off at some point.