Quantcast

East coast slackers Thursday

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey fam! :weee:

I'm picking up my new car today! 2024 Outback Touring XT. I used the IMBA deal to get dealer invoice cost, plus I got a $500 credit from Subaru for being a loyal customer, and they had some deal going on trade-ins so I got more than I expected for it. Their financing isn't great but I got a better deal through Navy Federal Credit Union.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Sickness is 2x worse than yesterday. Between the chills, body aches, and burning eyes, I'd love to crawl back into bed. Alas, I shall WFH and perhaps turn this into a 4 day weekend with sick time.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hey fam! :weee:

I'm picking up my new car today! 2024 Outback Touring XT. I used the IMBA deal to get dealer invoice cost, plus I got a $500 credit from Subaru for being a loyal customer, and they had some deal going on trade-ins so I got more than I expected for it. Their financing isn't great but I got a better deal through Navy Federal Credit Union.
if you're a costco member they have the best deals you can get on subarus. IIRC the last one we bought actually came in below dealer invoice.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rough ride last night. Maybe it was the rain, maybe it was the cold air or maybe it was the beer, but were all feeling pretty dead legged about two minutes into the ride.

But, it was good to get out. Slippery as fack roots. There was no avoid all the horsepoop that has now been pushed all over the trails by the rain.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
minivan getting oil changed at the moment. then over to Discount Tire to get it shod with Nokians.

then up to the mountains. and afterwards back to meet up with my parents and rework all of my Japan itinerary for next week, as they are not coming at the last minute (dad having debilitating anxiety regarding travel, quite possibly related to having a subacute stroke a few months back that he never got properly assessed for since he's such a stubborn authority-fearing idiot despite being Ph.D., M.D. in his working life).

anyway.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Dealing with tech support some more, good times. I also have a package that seems to be stuck in Chinese customs but when I call support and select 8 for English, the prompts are in English but the person who picks up the phone no habla English. I've called a half dozen times, maybe somebody will habla eventually.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Been snorkeling twice a day, every day since arriving in Manzanillo.

I have to work for a bit, but then going for a jungle hike to Punta Mona y Playa Mona (Gandoca Manzanillo Natl Park) to check out a couple or three new beaches.

Should look like this, if the google is to be believed:

beach.jpeg

Pura Vida

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip> and afterwards back to meet up with my parents and rework all of my Japan itinerary for next week, as they are not coming at the last minute (dad having debilitating anxiety regarding travel, quite possibly related to having a subacute stroke a few months back that he never got properly assessed for since he's such a stubborn authority-fearing idiot despite being Ph.D., M.D. in his working life).
Parents... whaddya gonna do, amirite??

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm out of ADHD drugs this morning because OptumRX decided to hold the package waiting for a few other prescriptions to be sent at the same time. I have now, left late, forgotten to make my lunch, forgot to wake up Hannah, and best of all - forgot my charger. Today just keeps getting better.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm out of ADHD drugs this morning because OptumRX decided to hold the package waiting for a few other prescriptions to be sent at the same time. I have now, left late, forgotten to make my lunch, forgot to wake up Hannah, and best of all - forgot my charger. Today just keeps getting better.
you have my blessing to take a personal day....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My bosses boss is here today. He said we'll have a chat later, but just rolled right into it. He asked if I could help support a location remotely, as their manager is leaving. Said sure. Then he tried to slip in and ask thoughts about moving to Indiana or Michigan.

LOL'd. I told him there aint no way I'd move to where our locations are in those states. :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
How about Indiana? Gary? :D
I'm sure its lovely, especially if you have @sunringlerider as a neighbor, but I can't possibly move somewhere even flatter than where I am already. I've driven through a few times, that was enough. :D

you could probablly snatch up a couple city blocks and wall it off for cheap....

just saying....
I'm good. I've been to a Red Wings game and that was fun. Have also been detoured off I75 (i think it was) and ended up in some hell hole of an area. As in, folks were not stopping for stop signs type of place...