Quantcast

East coast slackers Thursday

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm out of ADHD drugs this morning because OptumRX decided to hold the package waiting for a few other prescriptions to be sent at the same time. I have now, left late, forgotten to make my lunch, forgot to wake up Hannah, and best of all - forgot my charger. Today just keeps getting better.
I forgot to take mine this morning. realized it at around 10 am. my options were espresso all the things, or gamble that 10 am isn't too late, and a bit of melatonin and CBD/CBT oil will help put me down for the night. I chose option 2... (with a little of option 1. Going to make another espresso now...)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So it's kinda funny. My boy is a little short this month and needed to borrow $100. This isn't a common thing, but it has happened. Did he ask his mom? Did he ask me? Nope, he hit my wife because she's an easy mark and he knows he won't get a story. :rofl:

He's good for it, but you gotta love the approach.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I forgot to take mine this morning. realized it at around 10 am. my options were espresso all the things, or gamble that 10 am isn't too late, and a bit of melatonin and CBD/CBT oil will help put me down for the night. I chose option 2... (with a little of option 1. Going to make another espresso now...)
I am rolling twitch right now. 2 coffees, a Celsius, and 3 bottles of caffeinated soda stream water flavoring. Still all over the fucking place.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley just got a winter training and race calendar for the FDM national kids. Also on the "let me know if you are planning on doing Rotax West; if enough, we'll take a team truck." There are 5 kids that race Rotax, with Haley being a theoretical 5th.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Haley just got a winter training and race calendar for the FDM national kids. Also on the "let me know if you are planning on doing Rotax West; if enough, we'll take a team truck." There are 5 kids that race Rotax, with Haley being a theoretical 5th.
forgiveness/permission.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I mean - that's money of another sort, amirite?

"No, Honey - we can't use our points to go to Hawaii - we're using them all to fly back and forth to Phoenix."

:D
She's getting her AZ vacations. And it doesn't involve us all day long. That's a 10/10 for her.

I mean, what can I say? Haley's a fucking ripper. You just gotta let the fire burn!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
My thumbs have been experiencing a bit of a recovery (or at least they are usable with some pain), so I figured why not do fiddly work on bikes for five hours. It’s probably just the steroid shots, but it feels good to be able to ride, play guitar, cook, and wrench for a bit.
Edit:

Getting bike ready for Perú. New DH casing rear tire, one CushCore, new 223 2.3 TRP rotor, new brake pads, bled both brakes, put wheelbase into long mode, new One Up handlebar, swapped 200mm transfer for 210 One Up post.
Also did a lower service on the Zeb.
Feeling dialed, but gotta bed in some stuff on the Pass as soon as it’s a bit dryer.
Getting stoked!

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@SkaredShtles will be pleased to hear that despite him and @rideit not inviting me on the ride last Sunday, the reason I couldn't catch up was that the water leak into my basement was caused by the water lines into/under the fridge that feed the dispenser/ice maker.

So no more water from the fridge.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
That mother fucker Poseidon was out to get me today.

Rough waves sandy ocean all day long.

Too I forgot that 7 miles of hiking in the Caribbean jungle with 700' of elevation gain at 90 degrees and humid as my ass crack is way harder than 7 miles in the mountains with twice the vert at 70 degrees.

Slow learner (remeberer).I am...

Cliff views were outstanding
IMG_20231012_123243390.jpg

Turnaround spot (Mona Island in background) Ill have to come back on a calm day.

IMG_20231012_141828849_copy_2000x1125.jpg

This is my normal beach where snorkeling would have been "better" today.
IMG_20231012_100418532_copy_2000x1125.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I first saw Gary Indiana when I was 19 and driving cross country, first time driving solo out of NY State. It was late, I was tired and pulled off the interstate to find a hotel for the night.

And thus started my practice of driving through the night on long trips.