Quantcast

East Coasters are coming to CO/UT

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
3 of my friends and I are leaving Alabama Friday the 3rd to ride Keystone, Moab, Sol Vista, and end up at the Snowmass Norba National.

I'm looking for some info on camping and hotels/condos in the areas. I've never been to Moab, but I believe camping should be easy there. Are there some campgrounds that you recommend and trails that we should ride? We are just bringing our DH bikes, but will make the best of Moab with them.

I've been to the others, but only in the Winters, so I still don't have any idea where to camp, or if camping is a good idea there. I'm looking for the same info for those places as well. We might stay in Breckenridge or Frisco and just drive to Keystone.

I went to Snowmass for Spring Break and stayed at Woodbridge condos. It's a part of Silvertree. Is that a good spot for summer events?

Any other info or advice for riders coming out to these spots would be great.

If you'll be at those spots and want to show us around shoot me a pm.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
We figured out where we will be each day if you want to meet up and ride.

Saturday-Tuesday we will be riding Keystone, Wednesday-Friday will be Moab, and Saturday-Sunday we will be at Snowmass.

I'll be on a white Socom and my friends are on a polished Uzzi SLX, green Transition Bottle Rocket, and blue Transition dirtbag.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
When you're in Moab, stop in to just about any of the bike shops to get the beta on what trails are rideable on a DH bike. I prefer Poison Spider or Chile Pepper as far as shops in town go, but any of them should work.

As for trails in Moab, I would definitely check out Porcupine Rim. Although a DH rig isn't ideal for that ride, there's definitely more descending than climbing, and it's pretty dang fun. Best bet would be get a shuttle service to take you up to the top, and leave a vehicle at the end.

I don't know anything about camping near Keystone, but there's plenty of hotels and condos if you go that route. Camping in Moab is money, there's tons of places. I like camping along the river just outside of town, there's actually trees there for some shade. As for camping at the Snowmass National, there's no camping at the venue due to construction on the mountain, but I think the website has some info or a link to US Forest Service stuff nearby.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Thanks. We got the lodging covered now. We'll be staying in a hotel at Breckenridge and driving to Keystone and then camping at Moab and staying at the Silvertree hotel in Snowmass.

With XC tires and tubes my Socom is slightly under 35 lbs and I got a 34t chainring for the trip so hills shouldn't be too unbearable... for me atleast ;D

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
Just did that tour last week... Do yourself a favor and ride Sol Vista on Sunday. Not just because it's free; the speed, flow, and hang time on course #1 and #2 put it at a stalemate with Keystone and Vail. Number one question asked by patrons of Sol Vista, " DID YOU HIT THAT SH!T!!?" my answer, "yeah."

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Welcome to Summit County. Where the bikes shops are really just ski shops pretending to be bike shops.

What are you looking for?

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Some TLD T-bone knee pads would be nice to find, as well as some more baggies. And an unbent e.13 mounting plate for an LG-1 would be real nice.

remdog

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Durango
theres not much up their right now.....
ive heard of a new shop opening up around their, but not sure if its runnin yet.
otherwise i dont kno of any

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Your best bet for those items is going to be on the front range. Not to mention the prices would be cheaper.

You might check out Mountain Sports Outlet in Silverthorne. I know they do not carry TLD, mostly Fox and 661.