Quantcast

eastcoast freeride and DH

ride26

Monkey
Nov 24, 2005
Henniker NH
hey guys I'm on the hust for a new place to move...right now I'm in CT...but I'm sick of it..on the other hand I love New England trails

but my question is what is the lowest south(state) I could go and still have good freeride and DH riding/trails
any info?
I was thinking WV or NC

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
plenty of freeridey stuff in raleigh, not much elevation though. check out knoxville. plenty south, plenty steep. also some good elevation in Harrisonburg, VA.

I live in NC and love the riding here. I would make sure to stay in the western part of the state towards the Asheville area somewhere. Check out www.mtbikewnc.com for starters. The Pisgah area has over 500,000 acres of trails that range in elevation from 1,900 -4,200 so there is plenty of vert and some of the most remote riding you can imagine. You can also get to windrock (3 hours) Sugar mountain where Norba #2 was held (1 hour) and Snowshoe (4-5 hours). There are some places with north shore style stunts, but they are few and far between. You can also ride year round here without feeling like your going to die in the winter for the most part.