Quantcast

Easter weekend riding?

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
who and where?
I'm thinking about try to do the beginner DH race at comfort so i might go out there for some practice. (DH, TT and XC)

Ps i dont even know what a Dh course is or how to run it so come and watch me bust my ass. It will be very humorous.

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
Let me know when you come up. I can arange to meet you out there to show you the course.
PM me if you have any questions

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Hey squash I have decided to make the haul up on Friday night (might have to change depending on what jimmy says) so i will be able to ride anytime Saturday. I will probably start at 9 and any course is fine with me.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by The Toninator
who and where?
I'm thinking about try to do the beginner DH race at comfort so i might go out there for some practice. (DH, TT and XC)

Ps i dont even know what a Dh course is or how to run it so come and watch me bust my ass. It will be very humorous.
I wish I could see that.:p :D No really, good luck though.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by Heidi

I wish I could see that.:p :D No really, good luck though.
Thanks!! I dont know if i can squeeze the DH in because of the scheduled times, TT at noon and DH at 1. I'm not too concerned about being worn out because i've done so poorly this year that i have no way of being in the top 10 unless the top 15 catup:rolleyes: I think the TT will be my best event but once again i'm just going out to have fun.
Heheh i'm going to do my first DH course this weekend and it will be quite humorus hopefully i wont wipe out too bad but be able to get some good pics of me falling:D

RayBan

Chimp
Jan 16, 2002
Illinois
Man, the temps will be warmer this weekend and I DON't have tech classes omn Saturday. Friday will be a wash due to projected 30 mph winds YIKES!! But Saturday and Sunday I will be gettin in a couple good rides. 3 day weekend WOO HOO!!

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
it's about to rain here and i called san antonio and it's going to rain there so i'm not going. sorry. look forward to meeting y'all next weekend. I'll be up thursday night and will be camping with the mojos.
later t

Stinky Monkey

Monkey
Sep 2, 2001
The Big Sleazy again!
I'll be up thursday night and will be camping with the mojos.
later t
Toninator,
Did you find out if my buddies and I can camp with you guys at the Bike Mojo campsite?? Let me know, if not we need to make other arangements.
Thanks
Kevin

Bike Mojo

Monkey
Jul 14, 2001
San Antonio, Texass
Originally posted by Stinky Monkey

Toninator,
Did you find out if my buddies and I can camp with you guys at the Bike Mojo campsite?? Let me know, if not we need to make other arangements.
Thanks
Kevin

All are welcome in KamP MoJo!

Do you like beer?

aLaN

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown

That was meant to be a joke. Sorry, I know I shouldn't be joking about something as serious as beer. :)
woo. Glad you redeemed yourself. There will be one keg of lone star and one keg of Texas pride.

Bike Mojo

Monkey
Jul 14, 2001
San Antonio, Texass

Alan thanks! We will be there before noon on Fiday.

Kevin

i may be out on the course. I am supposed to lead the Challenging Fun Ride at 10 am.:confused:

Might as well do that before I get into the beer.

Just look for Camp Mojo. You will not be able to miss it. It is the first campsite area when you come in. I have a white RX-7:

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by Bike Mojo

i may be out on the course. I am supposed to lead the Challenging Fun Ride at 10 am.confused:

Might as well do that before I get into the beer.

Just look for Camp Mojo. You will not be able to miss it. It is the first campsite area when you come in. I have a white RX-7:
I should be there around noon also. I have a blue ford ranger and a really bad attitude. kant miss me. heheheh. Ummmm beer. Texas Pride here i come.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Hey Stinky Monkey. i only have one shortcut you might not know of. Be sure to take 1604 west ,just outside of san antonio, and the pick up I-10 again west. Keeps you from having to go downtown. comfort is about 40 miles from there.

Bike Mojo

Monkey
Jul 14, 2001
San Antonio, Texass
Hey Stinky Monkey. i only have one shortcut you might not know of. Be sure to take 1604 west ,just outside of san antonio, and the pick up I-10 again west. Keeps you from having to go downtown. comfort is about 40 miles from there.

I would only run 1604 if you are coming through SA during 'rush hour'. If you are driving through the middle of the day I would bomb I-10 all the way through....

my $0.02:confused:

Stinky Monkey

Monkey
Sep 2, 2001
The Big Sleazy again!

I should be there around noon also. I have a blue ford ranger and a really bad attitude. kant miss me. heheheh. Ummmm beer. Texas Pride here i come.

We will be in a big a$$ White Chevy Van, with bike stickers on the back and 3 Stinky's and a Cove Gspot in the back.;) :D

Stinky Monkey

Monkey
Sep 2, 2001
The Big Sleazy again!
Originally posted by the BIG cheese
hey kevin, rick told me you were gonna be in BR late thursday, is that true?
My wife is droping me off in Denham at Loyd's house Thursday after noon, then we are going to pick up Rick around 4:30 pm and heading fo TX. No time to drop the shorts off, we wont be in that part of town. Sorry dude.:(

Stinky Monkey

Monkey
Sep 2, 2001
The Big Sleazy again!

I would only run 1604 if you are coming through SA during 'rush hour'. If you are driving through the middle of the day I would bomb I-10 all the way through....

my $0.02:confused:
We are planning on being in Houston for 10 Thursday nite, getting a room and driving the rest Fri before noon.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown

We are planning on being in Houston for 10 Thursday nite, getting a room and driving the rest Fri before noon.
I just realized you guys were coming in from NO (duh right) that's a pretty long haul. I drove from here to there after work one time. It was a ****in nightmare. Those bridges outside of town that are like 60 miles long. It sent me into a trance at like midnight, tha-cuck, tha-cuck, tha-cuck for hours is seemed.

Stinky Monkey

Monkey
Sep 2, 2001
The Big Sleazy again!

I just realized you guys were coming in from NO (duh right) that's a pretty long haul. I drove from here to there after work one time. It was a ****in nightmare. Those bridges outside of town that are like 60 miles long. It sent me into a trance at like midnight, tha-cuck, tha-cuck, tha-cuck for hours is seemed.
Yea it is quite a long drive. Thats why we are breaking it up in to 2 days. We are leaving from Baton Rouge at 4:30pm Thursday and driving till about 10:00pm. That should put us on one side or the other of Houston then we should only have about 3.5 hours to go. We wanted to make sure we had time on friday to set up camp and get some riding in!!:D Man I cant wait, this weekend is going to be a blast!! I love Road trips!!!:cool: