Quantcast

Eastern States Cup Downhill Series

Mount Snow

Gateway to Vermont
Apr 21, 2010
Plattekill Mountain and Mount Snow Present
2010 “Eastern States Cup” & USAC Regional Downhill Championship Series

Plattekill Bike Park and Mount Snow have teamed up in 2010, to bring racers a unique Downhill Race Series titled “EASTERN STATES CUP SERIES” with bigger and better prizes, more competition combining the best of New England racers and the Middle Atlantic States, and a whole new spin on racing in the Northeast. Mount Snow will host three race events and Plattekill Bike Park will host five events. The best two finishes from Mount Snow and the best four from Plattekill will count towards the overall title. Mount Snow has lowered their fees to match Plattekill’s "racer bailout plan" and upped the ante with guaranteed cash payouts in Pro, all Cat1 classes and new for 2010, Cat2 will get cash payout for all classes as well.

PRIZES:
Eastern States Cup Series will be paying CASH 3 deep for ALL series races - $20 minimum per racer entry in the Pro class, $10 per racer entry to Cat1 classes and $5 per racer entry to Cat2 classes split on the following percentage ratio 55/30/15. Cat1, Cat2 & Cat3 will also receive high end sponsor-donated prizes. All classes will receive custom 2010 ‘Eastern States Cup’ Medals. NEMA is also paying CASH to top three in ALL classes through The NEMA Cash Contingency Program. The plan will pay Pros, Cat 1,2 & 3 CASH for those follow NEMA’s rules and list them as a sponsor on the race entry sheet.

Series prizes will pay cash 3 deep to Pros ($500, $250, $100) and $100 cash to 1st place for Cat 1 and 2 in all age classes. While upping the payouts ALL Race fees have been reduced to $70* for Pros, $60 for Cat1, $50 for Cat2, while Cat3 Racers will pay only $45. All race entries include a 2-day lift ticket.

2010 DATES:
#1 May 21/23 Plattekill – Pro/Am Gravity Tour - UCI Points – Jr World Team Qualifier
#2 June 5/6 Mount Snow – Welcome Back race
#3 June 26/27 Mount Snow – USAC VT State Championship
#4 July 3/5 Plattekill - Gravity East Series Race
#5 July 24/25 Mount Snow – Mountain Bike Festival – Rte 66 XC Race
#6 Aug 21/22 Plattekill – Pre World Cup Event
#7 Sep 18/19 Plattekill – USAC NY State Championship
#8 Oct 9/10 Plattekill – Series Finals

RACE FEES:
(Entries include Saturday AND Sunday Lift Tickets)
$45 Cat3(beginner) Top 3 Medals and Prize
$50 Cat2(sport) Top 3 Medals and Cash and Prize ($5/Racer)
$60 Cat1(expert) Top 3 Medals and Cash and Prize ($10/Racer)
$70 USAC Pro Top 3 Medals and Cash ($20/Racer Minimum)
* $85 USAC Pro Race #1 $1575 M & W Total Pro Purse includes Friday Lift Ticket & Saturday
lunch courtesy of www.sicklines.com
* $85 USAC Pro Race #4 $1000 GES Purse Includes Friday Lift Ticket

Mount Snow

Gateway to Vermont
Apr 21, 2010
Glad to be on board, sorry it took so long to get going!

Team Action Sports CT we look forward to having you guys here.

Mount Snow

Gateway to Vermont
Apr 21, 2010
Exciting day today, got the first shipment of prizes from Smith Optics. Four boxes loaded with goggles, sunglasses, shirts and hats!

More gear should be arriving in the next few days from sponsors like Camelbak, Dakine, Northwave and more.

This series is also part of the NEMA contingency program so be sure to sign up online at http://www.nemacycling.com/#/nema_international_contingency/ and win cold hard cash just for wearing NEMA gear.

bigh

Chimp
Jul 17, 2008
Omacron Persei 8
Our team rode the the Plattekill race course this past weekend and it was sick! Very happy with that mountain. Hope you guys also have some fun courses for us this season.

Mount Snow

Gateway to Vermont
Apr 21, 2010
Our team rode the the Plattekill race course this past weekend and it was sick! Very happy with that mountain. Hope you guys also have some fun courses for us this season.
Glad to hear the course at Platty was killer. We're working hard on having some new courses for everyone this year. We've been talking with the guys at Plattekill to get some course feedback so we can improve our race day offerings.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
George, have you heard any word on Mt Snows courses? I know they're saying they're trying to have new courses for the three races, but are they going to be just variations of the courses they've been using for years, or brand new trails? I know they have to go through the forest service to cuy any new trails, so I'm assuming its trails that are already there?

bigh

Chimp
Jul 17, 2008
Omacron Persei 8
Yeah we definitely like the course and are looking forward to the race this weekend. We would also be happy to give the two mountains rider/racer input on the future race courses.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
George, have you heard any word on Mt Snows courses? I know they're saying they're trying to have new courses for the three races, but are they going to be just variations of the courses they've been using for years, or brand new trails? I know they have to go through the forest service to cuy any new trails, so I'm assuming its trails that are already there?
I know the trail that was orig planned for last years last race will be used at some point. Other than that time will tell.

Mount Snow

Gateway to Vermont
Apr 21, 2010
We have a new trail (#13 on the trail map) that we will be racing on for the first or second race, it just depends on the weather. The trail was built the end of last season so we don't want to run it on a muddy day and anyone who has raced here before knows we have lots of muddy days!

For the other two races we do not have completely new trails but will try to have different courses set up that may features previously used areas with new stuff mixed together.

MM_Freak

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Western Mass.
Awesome! Just signed up my friend and I for the first mount snow race. Looking forward to trying out the new bike at mount snow on memorial day weekend. I've got my mud tires this year. Not having them last year = big mistake. Hoping for better weather this year.

Nov 29, 2005
South Boston kid guy
Any idea on saturday and sunday practice times for the first mount snow race? any chance the lifts will be running later (5pm) like platty? This would really help for those who want to participate in the dual mountain series and will be coming from far away...

Mount Snow

Gateway to Vermont
Apr 21, 2010
Any idea on saturday and sunday practice times for the first mount snow race? any chance the lifts will be running later (5pm) like platty? This would really help for those who want to participate in the dual mountain series and will be coming from far away...
I'm not sure that we will be able to run the lifts later than 4pm but I will ask. I'll write back as soon as I hear anything.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Mount Snow

Gateway to Vermont
Apr 21, 2010
when is online registration closed?
is there a schedule set yet for practice times?
Online registration will close on the Wednesday night before each event. Practice on Saturday will run from 9am-4pm and 9am to 10am on Sunday (Race starts at 11am).

bigbirdie

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
CT
Online registration will close on the Wednesday night before each event. Practice on Saturday will run from 9am-4pm and 9am to 10am on Sunday (Race starts at 11am).
9-10 on sun? thats it? that sucks for those of us that can only come up on sun.

Mount Snow

Gateway to Vermont
Apr 21, 2010
9-10 on sun? thats it? that sucks for those of us that can only come up on sun.
Sorry man but the race starts at 11am so I have to close the course to clear it. Probably will close it more like 10:30am but only gives you an extra 30 minutes.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Sorry man but the race starts at 11am so I have to close the course to clear it. Probably will close it more like 10:30am but only gives you an extra 30 minutes.
Oy vey. I was going to come up just for sunday as well. No way if its only an hour of practice. Any chance of opening the lifts early? 7?

PArider29

Monkey
Jan 20, 2010
back to NC
Are you Kidding me your running that crap course again......I suggest eveyone head to Blue Mtn to race this weekend ...... Mt Snow has no clue!

Mount Snow

Gateway to Vermont
Apr 21, 2010
Sorry if you are disappointed in the course that we are running this weekend. We try hard to satisfy everyone but its hard to succeed every time.

One thing you should know is that we have to take a lot of factors into account when selecting our race courses. For instance we are getting thunderstorms today and possibly several other days this week. When the mountain is extremely wet we do not run on new locations because races do extreme damage to the terrain.

We are working on the course layout for our second race and will release that as soon as its set. Wherever you race this weekend good luck and we hope you have a great time.

PArider29

Monkey
Jan 20, 2010
back to NC
Sorry if you are disappointed in the course that we are running this weekend. We try hard to satisfy everyone but its hard to succeed every time.

One thing you should know is that we have to take a lot of factors into account when selecting our race courses. For instance we are getting thunderstorms today and possibly several other days this week. When the mountain is extremely wet we do not run on new locations because races do extreme damage to the terrain.

We are working on the course layout for our second race and will release that as soon as its set. Wherever you race this weekend good luck and we hope you have a great time.
Maybe one of the factors you should start taking into account is the racers ....You have a chance to make a great series ...... run any other line than Slick rock or roxys?

Mount Snow

Gateway to Vermont
Apr 21, 2010
To imply that we don't care about the racers is insulting. In any case I'll give the courtesy of responding to your post.

The two trails that you mentioned are the only race trails that we can use right now. The other existing trails have several uphill sections that DH riders would not like. The remaining terrain at the mountain is on Forest Service land and we need their permission to cut new trails. Our Mountain Manager is going out with a rep from the Forest Service next week to pitch a new trail. We are hopeful to have a different course for the race at the end of June.

Again, best of luck with your race this weekend.

PArider29

Monkey
Jan 20, 2010
back to NC
I'm sorry, but I guess I'm just angry because I was really looking forward to racing Mt Snow this weekend ....but we have raced that clapped out rock so many times...its just a big let down.

Mount Snow

Gateway to Vermont
Apr 21, 2010
I can understand that and do apologize, we don't want to disappoint anyone. We are trying our hardest to get some new courses for you guys.

bigh

Chimp
Jul 17, 2008
Omacron Persei 8
I kind of agree with PArider. I have also been racing Mount Snow for years and me and the rest of my team are kind of getting burnt out of the same race course year after year. I'm not one for complaining on the forums but after seeing what Plattekill put together for the first race I would have hoped that you guys would have step it up a little. I understand you guys are limited as far as cutting new trails but maybe the mountain could at least add some features and maintain the existing race runs (berms, jumps, small drops and such). I just think you guys would benefit and get more racers to the events. Thats my 2 cents.