Quantcast

Easton Vice stem? Yay or Nay?

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Hi all,

I am looking at stems... coz any person i know says to me "mate you got an odd stem on your bike ....raceface deus 110mm on an SX".....

Anyhow... my bike seems a bit fishy on technical parts (rider crapness plays a big role as well) but i reckon a good call would be to switch to something shorter....

I was thinking about

Easton Vice 80mm
Easton Vice 65mm
RF Diabolus 70mm

My tt is 585mm, and according to my body metrics and wrenchscience (for a FR FS frame) i should have a total of 64cm of reach (tt+stem...virtual).

Any ideas?

btw, RF diabolus is going to cost me 130usd, the Vice will cost me 65usd.

Thanks for your advice in advance.
Yannis
(i suck at wheels...i hope the stem will help....also i have a feeling that i am too much over the front wheel...)

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I'd say go with the diablous stem with a diabolus bar, that'd be pretty pimp. Of course now that I've said that you're going to get an overwhelming flood of responses saying you need a thomson. If you're really into pimp look at SIC stems, they look pretty nice, heavy looking but nice.

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Kornphlake said:
I'd say go with the diablous stem with a diabolus bar, that'd be pretty pimp. Of course now that I've said that you're going to get an overwhelming flood of responses saying you need a thomson. If you're really into pimp look at SIC stems, they look pretty nice, heavy looking but nice.

Oh yea i forgot to mention thomson in my choices...

Thomson 70mm x 0 degrees.

Is it really bad to have 0 deg instead of 10deg?